Betsubara is a martial arts school for women. One of a kind in Argentina, it's an urban refuge where ladies have the floor.
Buenos Aires, Argentina -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/20/2013 -- Amanda is a California native living in Buenos Aires for seven years now. She is a former bed & breakfast owner, a bicycle tour guide, and tango dancer, writer, and now a fighter, too.
Amanda’s project involves a dojo called Betsubara, in the heart of Buenos Aires, where women can get their kicks. This is a place where the study of martial arts is combined with meditation, yoga and personal training to bring out the most in someone. A space to serve and build a community of good people who like to learn, better themselves, and kick ass.
In this particular dojo, the core of the concept shall be martial arts, but with a twist. There will be classes for ladies only. Because:
- There is a decidedly masculine dynamic that dominates martial arts in Argentina, and women here still have to fight for their right to learn.
- There is in fact a difference in techniques and styles of learning based on women's bodies and brains.
Amanda’s task is to build out raw space and transform an empty warehouse into an effective, efficient, inviting and comfortable environment.
So here's what she still needs for the Grand Opening on OCTOBER 29, 2013:
- A new roof.
- Toilets, showers and all the fixings for the changing rooms.
- Bringing in the elements -- laying pipe and cable for water, gas and electricity.
- Tatami (the padded mats of a martial arts floor) – to be imported from the US.
- Mega Paint Job -- inside and outside
- Furniture and equipment.
- Massage and Meditation loft -- screens, table, linens, lighting, floor cushions
- The government-approved "fire-retardant" treatment for wood surfaces.
- Signage to create awareness and capture traffic
- All the significant fees of doing business in Buenos Aires -- permits, licensing, registration.
Indiegogo Page: http://bit.ly/169Swdh
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)