Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/18/2012 -- Augmented Reality (AR) represents a live, direct or indirect, view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented by computer-generated sensory input, that enrich the user’s perception of the real world.
In the case of vehicular safety systems, AR can provide many benefits including an early warning indication of potential dangers that may occur dynamically/suddenly, known dangers in a given area, information and feedback between a central monitoring station and the vehicle operator, and more.
Inquire About This Report : Augmented Reality in Vehicular Safety Systems
Certain automobile manufacturers are leading the way in vehicular safety with AR representing a logical extension to their existing solutions. Other companies will likely look towards third party companies for turnkey solutions. The marketplace will decide which type of AR systems will succeed.
1. Wireless carriers and other service providers
2. Augmented Reality (AR) application developers
3. Telemetry, Telematics, and vehicle monitoring companies
4. Automobile manufacturers, OEM, and support companies
5. Emergency service organizations and supporting companies
6. Intelligent transportation strategy and planning organizations
Companies covered in this report:
1. SIERRA WIRELESS, INC.
2. ONSTAR, LLC
3. QUALCOMM INC.