"Reaching for 1.5 Billion Chinese Readers: A Guide to Self-Publishing in the Chinese World" is an eBook that helps authors get published in the Greater China.
Melbourne, Australia -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/28/2013 -- "Reaching for 1.5 Billion Chinese Readers: A Guide to Self-Publishing in the Chinese World" is an eBook written by bilingual scholar, writer and publisher of Chinese eBook, Christine Yunn-Yu Sun, from Melbourne, Australia. In June 2012, Christine launched eBook Dynasty (www.ebookdynasty.net) to help English-language authors translate, publish and promote their writings as ebooks to the Chinese world. Since February 2011 she has helped 23 English-language authors from Australia, New Zealand, United States, United Kingdom, Holland and Kazakhstan enter the Chinese market.
In "Reaching for 1.5 Billion Chinese Readers: A Guide to Self-Publishing in the Chinese World", Christine analyzes the present and future development of the Chinese (digital) publishing industry and explores what Chinese readers want. She also explains vital and practical issues such as how to find Chinese agents and publishers, how to sign contracts and negotiate royalties, how to choose translators (who also act as editors and proofreaders), and how to build author platforms in Chinese.
The ebook will also benefit those traditionally published authors who desire to better understand and become more involved in the process in which their books are promoted in the Chinese world.
Approximately 60% of the requested funding of US$3000, i.e. US$1800, will be used as follows:
- Surveying the translation and promotion of English-language authors to the Chinese world throughout the past two decades and their performances in that market.
- Interviewing prominent agents and publishers in the Chinese world, in order to analyze their progress in the promotion of English-language authors to that market.
- Interviewing those English-language authors, agents and publishers who have already gained entry to the Chinese world, in order to find out their views of this market.
- Interviewing those English-language authors who desire an entry to the Chinese world, in order to find out their expectations for and (mis)understanding of this market.
- Sourcing a professional cover design.
The remaining 40% of the requested funding, i.e. US$1200, will be used on the resources required to complete the writing of this book.
Today's authors no longer need to rely on agents and publishers to have their books published, and this is the same with those who desire to promote their writings in Chinese. The missing link for those self-publishing authors is what this ebook aims to provide. Today's Chinese readers are keen to feel the pulse of the world. Your literary voice can be heard in the Chinese world as long as you make it loud and clear.
Indiegogo Page: http://bit.ly/16tMDJB
For more information about the ebook "Reaching for 1.5 Billion Chinese Readers: A Guide to Self-Publishing in the Chinese World", please contact: Christine Sun, eBook Dynasty, www.ebookdynasty.net or contact@ebookdynasty
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)