Projections from the report which were based on extensive primary research and expert interviews expects the total demand of smart cards in the automated fare collection system to grow robustly in the coming years.
Noida, India -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/09/2014 -- A new report from IMARC Group entitled “Smart Card Industry in India: SIM, Identity, Banking, Transport, Healthcare, Pay TV, Loyalty & PDS” finds that the demand of smart cards in the automated fare collection system is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14% during 2013-2018. Smart cards enjoy a significant advantage over conventional tickets/tokens in various modes of transport. Passengers using these cards don’t have to spend a considerable amount of time standing in long queues to buy tickets/tokens. Moreover, smart cards also bring special offers to customers in the form of discounts, for instance, users of smart cards in the Delhi Metro get a 10% discount on every journey.
The report suggests that the large scale use of smart cards in the transportation system began with the Delhi Metro with 65-70% of its total passengers using these cards in 2013. Apart from the Delhi metro, the report expects that the demand of smart cards to be driven by a number of other existing and new metro projects such as Kolkata metro, Bangalore Metro, Mumbai Metro, Hyderabad Metro, Chennai Metro, etc. In the Bus transportation system, the report found that smart cards were already available across bus services in Ahmadabad, Mumbai, Bangalore, Jaipur etc and will soon be launched across other major cities in India. The report also expects the Indian railways to create a huge opportunity for these cards in the coming years. Smart cards were first launched in the central and western railways in 2007, but are now continuously being extended to all metro and suburban sections of the country. Projections from the report which were based on extensive primary research and expert interviews expects the total demand of smart cards in the automated fare collection system to grow robustly in the coming years.
IMARC’s new report entitled “Smart Card Industry in India: SIM, Identity, Banking, Transport, Healthcare, Pay TV, Loyalty & PDS” gives a deep insight into the Indian smart cards market. The research study serves as an analytical as well as a statistical tool to understand not only the market trends, structure, drivers and restraints but also the outlook of the market till 2018. This report aims to serve as an excellent guide for investors, researchers, consultants, marketing strategists, and all those who are planning to foray into the Indian smart cards market in some form or the other.
What We Have Achieved in this Report
- Comprehensive situation analysis of the Indian smart cards market and its dynamics.
- Identifying all application segments/sub-segments and quantifying their current and future market potential.
- Providing a robust long range value and volume forecast for all segments and sub-segments.
- Providing an understanding of key drivers and restraints and their impact on current and future market scenario.
Smart Card Application Segments and Sub-segments Covered in this Report
- National Population Register Project
- Public Distribution System
- Pay TV
- Loyalty Cards
- Financial Services
- Travel Identity
- Automated Fare Collection
Focus of the Analysis for Each Segment and Sub-segment
- Segment/Sub-segment Overview
- Smart Card Implementation Scenario
- Historical and Future Smart Card Volume Demand
- Historical and Future Smart Card Value Demand
- Initial Exploration of the Indian Smart Cards Market: Conducted primary and secondary market research to complement/enhance our current knowledge and to identify key market segments and sub-segments.
- Qualitative Market Research: Interviewed various industry stakeholders to gain a comprehensive insight into all major segments and sub segments. This included understanding key metrics and events such as smart card requirements, current and future demand, implementation timelines, success & risk factors, costs, etc.
- Quantifying the Current and Future Market Potential: Consolidated our results to quantify the value and volume potential of smart cards in each segment and sub-segment.
- Validating Our Results: Collaborated with industry stakeholders to validate our results and findings.
Information has been gleaned from both primary and secondary sources:
- Primary sources include industry surveys and face to face/telephone interviews with industry experts.
- Secondary sources include proprietary databases and search engines. These sources include company websites, reports, books, trade journals, magazines, white papers, industry portals, government sources and access to more than 4000 paid databases.
To buy the complete report or to get a free sample, please contact:
IMARC Group Asia
IMARC Group North America
IMARC Group Europe, Middle East & Africa
To know more please visit: http://www.imarcgroup.com/smart-card-industry-in-india/
Press Release Source : AB Newswire
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)