Bed Bugs Making a comeback across US
San Francisco, CA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/24/2013 -- Bed bugs are microscopic creatures that infest both homes and hospitality venues. These critters also love to feast on the blood of hapless sleepers. While these pets were eradicated in the U.S. back in the 1940s, they made a strong comeback in the 1990s. Since then, bed bugs have continued to plague countless homes and hotels. According to industry experts, the resurgence of bedbugs is attributed to several factors. This includes the increase in global travel, along with greater movement of people and migration patterns. The elimination of crucial pesticides has also enabled bed bugs to mate and expand at alarming rates.
While no one really knows where these critters come from, GetRidOfBedBugsAtHome.com has released an informative guide on bed bug prevention and control. This includes identifying bed bugs in residential and commercial establishments. The infographic also discusses the physical features of bed bugs, along with how they spawn and hide. In fact, 95% of bed bugs look for small cracks and crevices in mattresses. They also love to hide in both box springs and wood framing joints. The remaining 5% tend to congregate in nightstands, upholstered furniture, and even under wallpaper. No matter where these critters hide, they continue to be a nuisance that must be controlled with true precision.
The infographic also discusses the reproduction habits of bed bugs. This is an important facet when dealing with infestation control. In fact, just one female bed bug can lay up to 500 eggs in her lifetime. Readers can also access the health effects of bed bugs, including severe itchiness and pain. Bed bugs, however, can be eliminated within time and budget. In fact, removing excess clutter from homes and businesses is a great start. Maintaining proper hygiene can also eradicate bed bugs from clothes, mattresses, and sleepwear. Steam cleaning is another way to rid bed bugs, along with bed bug proof mattress covers and pillowcases. The infographic also highlights the best prevention techniques for home and business owners.
GetRidOfBedBugsAtHome.com offers timely advice on bed bugs removal and treatment. They also feature informative articles on pest control and eradication. For more information on pest control and prevention visit their site today.
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)