Market Research Reports, Inc.

China Emerges as Key Market for HVDC Converter Stations Finds New Report

Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “High-Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) Converter Stations - Global Market Size, Average Pricing and Equipment Market Share to 2020” research report to their website http://www.marketresearchreports.com

 

Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/25/2014 -- China is the biggest market for HVDC substations and accounted for a share of 51% of the global market in 2012. Power plants in China are located close to the sources of fuel – hydropower and others – and are far away from the load centers.

This means that the power has to be transmitted over long distances, leading to a growing need for stable HVDC infrastructure. There are a significant number of power generation and infrastructure projects planned during the forecast period in China, which will translate into demand for HVDC converter stations. For example, many new large-scale hydropower plants are expected to come online in the southwestern region, where hydropower resources are abundant, and these would need to be connected to load centers such as Shenzhen and Guangzhou. This gives rise to opportunities for HVDC projects. Over the 2013–2020 period, the cumulative revenues from the Chinese HVDC converter station market are expected to reach $27.1 billion.

ABB, Siemens and Alstom are the major players operating in the global HVDC converter station market. They accounted for 98% of the global HVDC converter station market in 2012, with Toshiba accounting for the remaining 2%. It can be said that ABB and Siemens usually account for over 90% of the entire market. In fact, in 2006, they accounted for 100%. Following this year, the market saw the entry of Alstom as a competitor, while Toshiba entered the market more recently in 2012. ABB and Siemens are the strongest players in the market with the most expertise in HVDC converter-station technology.

Browse this report: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/globaldata/high-voltage-direct-current-hvdc-converter-stations-global-market-size-average-pricing

Extra 20% Discount till September 20, 2014 Apply Coupon Code (GDSEPA20)

Browse more Energy & Utilities reports from our database: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/energy-utilities

About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.

For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter