Frank Rumbauskas, the ever-sarcastic New York Times best-selling author, has announced his top 5 reasons to cold call in the New Year
Dallas, TX -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/07/2014 -- Frank Rumbauskas, the New York Times best-selling author and renowned sales trainer known for his tongue-in-cheek and sometimes even sarcastic mockery of sales cold calling, has announced his top 5 reasons to make cold calls in 2014:
1. You are a masochist.
Masochist (noun): The tendency to derive pleasure from one's own pain or humiliation.
2. You are addicted to the struggle.
Psychologists have identified the fact that many people stay poor or in otherwise bad circumstances because they are addicted to their own struggle.
3. You want to stay poor.
You have some type of moral or ethical objection to wealth and prosperity.
4. You work for an idiot.
Your boss is a dummy who wants you to keep cold calling with no regard to the fact that the less you sell, the less he makes.
5. You are already rich.
Since you don't need to make any sales or even keep your job, you cold call all day to pass the time.
Rumbauskas started his site, NeverColdCall.com in early 2003 to teach salespeople and managers how to generate leads without the drudgery of cold calling.
"I really didn't expect it to last this long," Rumbauskas muses, now in his eleventh year in business. "I really and truly expected that cold calling would be complete, totally replaced by technology by now, and that it would be a relic for the history books, but unfortunately a large majority of sales organizations encourage and even require cold calling by their sales teams."
Frank take it a step further: He proclaims that cold calling in this age of the Internet and powerful business networking tools like LinkedIn is downright stupid.
"You won't hear any complaints from me, though," he concludes. "It's been proven that less than 20% of decision makers will ever take a cold call, so that leaves over 80% of the market free for those of us who decide to use our brains instead!"
You can find much more of Frank Rumbauskas' commentary and sales opinions on his Never Cold Call Again Blog, and you can download a free 37-page PDF sneak peak of his Never Cold Call Again System at http://www.nevercoldcall.com
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)