Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Construction in Algeria - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/20/2013 -- The Algerian construction industry recorded a CAGR of 13.35% during the review. Cash surplus from oil and gas revenues allowed the government to make concessions, provide direct payouts and avoid civil uprisings that have affected the Arab region since 2010. This allowed a period of relative economic stability in the country. In an attempt to diversify the country’s economy and reduce dependence on energy revenues, the government announced a US$286 billion infrastructure development fund for the period 2010–2014. Investments are being made to improve the country’s transport infrastructure and its acute housing shortage. Progress made on the government’s development plans, however, slowed due to excessive bureaucracy and widespread corruption. Publisher expects the Algerian construction industry to record a CAGR of 5.94% over the forecast period.
This report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into Algerian construction market, including:
-The Algerian construction market’s growth prospects by sector, project type and type of construction activity
-Analysis of equipment, material and service costs across each project type within Algeria
-Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues and the risks and opportunities they present to participants in the Algerian construction market
-Assessment of the competitive forces facing the construction industry in Algeria and profiles of the leading players
-Data highlights of the largest construction projects in Algeria.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Construction industry in Algeria:
-Historical (2008-2012) and forecast (2013-2017) valuations of the construction market in Algeria using the construction output and value-add methods
-Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, institutional and residential) and by project type
-Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
-Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
-Assessment of the competitive environment using Porter’s Five Forces
-Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in Algeria
Reasons To Buy
-Identify and evaluate market opportunities using our standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies
-Assess market growth potential at a micro-level via 600+ time series data forecasts
- Understand the latest industry and market trends
- Formulate & validate business strategies by leveraging our critical and actionable insight
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors
- According to UN population statistics, Algeria’s population increased at an annual rate of 1.4% from 36 million in 2011 to 36.5 million in 2012. The population growth slowed from an average of 2% from 1990 to 1999, to 1.5% from 2000 to 2010, on account of a fall in the fertility rate from 4.2 to 2.6. With a continuous drop in the fertility rate, which is expected to reach below the replacement level of 2.1 by 2017, Algeria’s population growth is likely to moderate further and reach 40.2 million by 2020 (UN estimates).
- The majority of the land in the country is owned by the state and only a very limited portion is available for private developers and individuals. Furthermore, lengthy and unclear land registration procedures have restricted the growth of a formal real estate market in the country.
- Large investments in infrastructure will drive growth in the Algerian construction industry over the forecast period. Mismanagement of projects forced the government to allocate approximately 45% of funds announced in the current 2010–2014 development plan to completing projects that were launched in the previous development plan. For the large investments being made in infrastructure construction to bear proportionate results, the government will have to accelerate the implementation of its reforms against corruption, and review the judicial and administrative system to free it from political interference.
- Half of the country’s population is under the age of 30, providing a large market for retail. The retail sector in Algeria, along with Middle East countries, is expected to be the fastest-growing in the Middle East and North Africa (ME) region.
- The capital of Algeria, Algiers, faces a shortage of Grade-A office space and new supply remains low. Within the Algiers office market, the Bab Ezzouar municipality remains the area of choice for buyers and was one of the few areas recording new construction activity.
- A shortage of affordable housing resulted in significant social unrest in the country. A fifth of the total development budget for the period 2010–2014 has been allocated to the construction of social housing.
Spanning over 68 pages, 80 tables and 36 figures, “Construction in Algeria – Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017” report provides information on market overview, drivers and challenge, competition and key trends.
In addition to covering the Market Overview, Commercial Construction, Industrial Construction, Infrastructure Construction, Institutional Construction, Residential Construction, Company Profile: Techint - Compagnia Tecnica Internazionale S.p.A., Company Profile: Groupe ETRHB Haddad, Company Profile: SNC-Lavalin Maghreb EURL, Company Profile: Orascom Construction Industries Algeria, Company Profile: Cosider-Groupe Spa, Market Data Analysis, Appendix. The report cover 5 companies Techint - Compagnia Tecnica Internazionale S.p.A., Groupe ETRHB Haddad, SNC-Lavalin Maghreb EURL, Orascom Construction Industries Algeria, Cosider-Groupe Spa.
For more information visit: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/construction-algeria-%E2%80%93-key-trends-and-opportunities-2017
Find all Industry and Manufacturing reports under a single page.
Find all Construction reports under a single page at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/construction
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.