Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Cyprus Business Forecast Report Q1 2015” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/29/2014 -- Cyprus is past the worst of its brutal recession. Nonetheless, we do not forecast annual economic expansion until 2016, as credit growth remains impaired, public austerity deepens, and the internal devaluation process keeps a lid on nominal and real wages. Although the Cypriot government's fiscal consolidation plan has begun to bear fruit, with a reduced deficit, a budget surplus is unlikely to be posted anytime soon.
With slow economic growth ahead and chronic budget deficits, Cyprus's debt sustainability may again be called into question at some point in the next few years. Talks to reunify the island have regained some momentum in the past year. While both sides of the dispute still appear to be far apart on the terms of any potential settlement, we believe that negotiations on the 40-year-old 'Cyprus problem' are reaching a crucial phase.
Major Forecast Changes
We have raised our 2015 real GDP growth forecast to 0.0% from -0.2%.
The Cyprus Business Forecast Report helps businesses with market assessment, strategic planning and decision making to promote growth and profitability in Cyprus and is an essential tool for CEOs, Chairmen, Finance Directors/CFOs, Managing Directors, Marketing/Sales Directors with commercial interests in this emerging market.
An influential new analysis of Cyprus's economic, political and financial prospects through end-2017, just published by award-winning forecasters, Publisher (Publisher).
- Forecast the pace and stability of Cyprus's economic and industry growth through end-2017.
- Identify and evaluate adverse political and economic trends, to facilitate risk mitigation.
- Assess the critical shortcomings of the business environment that pose hidden barriers and costs to corporate profitability.
- Contextualise Cyprus's country risks against regional peers using Publisher's country comparative Risk Ratings system.
- Evaluate external threats to doing business in Cyprus, including currency volatility, the commodity price boom and protectionist policies.
- The Cyprus Business Forecast Report by Publisher (Publisher) includes three major sections: Economic Outlook, Political Outlook and Business Environment.
How will the Cypriot economic policy-making and performance impact on corporate profitability over 2013-2017?
Publisher provides our fully independent 5-year forecasts for Cyprus through end-2017 for more than 50 economic and key industry indicators. We evaluate growth, and also forecast the impact of economic management.
Economic Outlook Contents:
The Cyprus Business Forecast Report features Publisher's forecasts with supporting analysis for 2013 through to end-2017, set against government views and Publisher's evaluation of global and regional prospects.
Key Areas Covered:
- Full 10-year forecasts with data - for key macroeconomic variables including GDP (real growth and per capita), population, inflation, current account balance and the exchange rate.
- Publisher's comprehensive Risk Ratings system - rates each country worldwide for economic and political risk, and rates the business environment, within a global and regional context.
- Economic Activity - real GDP growth, employment, inflation, consumption (retail sales and confidence).
- Balance of Payments - trade and investment, current and capital account.
- Monetary Policy - interest rate trends (bank lending and deposit rates) and inflation (producer price and consumer price).
- Exchange Rate Policy - currency controls, foreign investment flows, exchange rates and foreign exchange reserves.
- Fiscal Policy - macroeconomic strategy and policies, government finance and tax reforms.
- Foreign Direct Investment - approvals, inflows and climate.
- External Debt - debt profile (short and long-term plus public and private sector exposure).
- Global Assumptions - forecasts for each year to end-2017 covering: major commodities, growth in key regions, inflation, and interest and exchange rates, in the United States, Japan, China and the eurozone.
- Rely upon Publisher's 100% independent forecast scenarios for Cyprus and underlying assumptions - we take no advertising and are privately-owned.
- Exploit the benefits of Publisher's comprehensive and reliable macroeconomic database on Cyprus, sourced and fully maintained by Publisher from an extensive network of private sector, government and multilateral contacts.
- Gain key insights into the current and future direction of government economic policy, which could significantly affect your company's business prospects, from Publisher's team of analysts and economists.
What are the political risks to doing business in Cyprus over the next 5-years?
Publisher's Cyprus country Risk Ratings evaluate the short- and medium-term threats to political stability.
Political Outlook Contents:
- SWOT Analysis for the Cypriot Market - Political Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats facing Cyprus.
- Political Stability and Risk Assessment - Publisher's Risk Ratings assess explicit short- and long-term risks to political stability; latest ratings, rankings and trends for Cyprus's risk are compared with regional and global averages.
- Current Administration and Policy-making Publisher assesses the threats to the continuity of economic policy, and likely changes to the business operating environment.
- Benchmark Cyprus's risk profile against its neighbours, the global and regional average, allowing easy comparison of risks between key business markets.
- Identify, evaluate and anticipate political and security risks to the business environment, and to your company's current operations and future plans.
- Gain valuable insights into government and policy-making, through Publisher's specialist team of analysts and economists, and their network of private and public sector sources.
- Business Environment Risk Ratings with SWOT Analysis - Business environment Risk Ratings for Cyprus, benchmarked against ratings for regional neighbours.
- Country Competitiveness - Competitiveness of Cyprus's business operating environment in supporting corporate growth and profitability, compared with regional neighbours.
Business Environment Contents:
- Domestic Environment - Transparency, cronyism and corruption; labour market flexibility; corporate tax burden; interest rate levels; sophistication of banking sector and stock market; levels of business confidence; infrastructure and IT.
- Foreign Direct Investment - Analysis of foreign investment regime; foreign ownership laws; attractiveness of business environment to foreign investors.
- Foreign Trade - Analysis of trading environment, government trade policy, liberalisation measures, tariffs and membership of trade areas.
- Assess your company's evolving exposure to country specific operational and business risks, using Publisher's in-depth analysis of the legal and regulatory business environment.
- Understand your market's comparative strengths and weaknesses in the key areas of commercial infrastructure and business institutions, using Publisher's proprietary global Business Environment Risk Ratings.
Spanning over 37 pages “Cyprus Business Forecast Report Q1 2015” report covering Executive Summary, Political Outlook, Long-Term Political Outlook, Economic Outlook, Balance Of Payments, Fiscal Policy, Regional Monetary Policy, 10-Year Forecast, Operational Risk, Global Assumptions.
Know more about this report
Find all Business and Government Reports
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: