Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Epilepsy Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - New AEDs with Novel Mechanisms of Action Signal a Shift in Treatment Patterns” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/29/2014 -- The report provides in-depth analysis of epilepsy market within the eight major developed markets of the US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan and Canada. The report provides an estimation of the market size for 2012, along with market forecasts to 2019. It also covers disease epidemiology, treatment algorithms, treatment patterns, in-depth analysis of the pipeline, and deal analysis.
The value of the epilepsy market in the major developed markets amounted to an estimated $3.4 billion in 2012 and is expected to register a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 3.9% to reach $4.5 billion by 2019. This modest growth is attributed to the recent approval of drugs with novel mechanisms of action that are expected to offer more therapeutic options to prescribers. The US takes major share of 55% of the global epilepsy market. In the US, three new anti-epileptic drugs have been approved since 2012: Trobalt, Aptiom, and Fycompa and another, brivaracetam, is expected also to be launched during the forecast period. Of these, Trobalt and Fycompa have novel mechanisms of action and improved safety and tolerability that elicited significant interest from prescribers. Continued uptake of secondand third-generation anti-epileptic drugs is also expected to contribute towards revenues in these eight regions. However, the epilepsy market could face the restricting influence of generic competition as a result of recent patent expiries in all major markets of two key branded drugs, Keppra and Lamictal.
- A brief introduction to epilepsy, including disease pathogenesis, risk factors, diagnosis and treatment options
- In-depth analysis of major marketed products covering product performance, product life-cycle and a heat map depicting comparative analysis of safety and efficacy parameters
- A comprehensive review of the epilepsy pipeline which includes individual analysis of promising late-stage pipeline drugs that are most likely to enter the market during the forecast period. The pipeline is analyzed on the basis of Phase distribution, molecule type and molecular target
- Additional clinical trial analysis by Phase, trial size, trial duration and program failure rate for each molecule type and mechanism of action
- Multi-scenario forecasts of the epilepsy market over the 2012–2019 period in the eight major developed markets
- In-depth analysis of licensing and co-development agreements and an overview of key agreements that could impact growth trends
- Key drivers and restraints that have had and are expected to have a significant impact upon the market
Reasons to buy
- Align your product portfolio to markets with high growth potential
- Develop market entry and expansion strategies by identifying the potential regions and therapeutic segments poised for strong growth
- Devise effective, tailored strategies for each country through the understanding of key drivers and barriers in the anti-epileptic drugs market
- Develop key strategic initiatives based upon an understanding of key focus areas and leading companies
- Accelerate and strengthen your market position by identifying key companies for mergers, acquisitions and strategic partnerships
Spanning over 74 pages, “Epilepsy Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - New AEDs with Novel Mechanisms of Action Signal a Shift in Treatment Patterns” report covering the Introduction, Epilepsy Therapeutic Landscape, Pipeline for Epilepsy Therapeutics, Epilepsy Therapeutics Market Forecast to 2019, Deals and Strategic Consolidations, Appendix.
Know more about this report: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/gbi-research/epilepsy-therapeutics-major-developed-markets-2019-new-aeds-novel-mechanisms-action
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: