Dallas, TX -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/05/2013 -- Fiji's power generation mix is dominated by hydro and oil-based power generation. In 2012, hydro power accounted for 55% and oil-based power generation accounted for 40% of the total power generation mix. The primary driver behind the growth of hydropower in Fiji is its cost-effectiveness due to the easily available and abundant resources. Other technologies used for power generation are biomass and wind. According to the latest energy policy, the government is aiming to increase the share of renewable energy to 81% by 2020. At present, the state-owned Fiji Electricity Authority (FEA) has a 100% share in power generation transmission and distribution sector of Fiji. It covers three major islands: Viti Levu, Vanua Levu, and Ovalau. The rest of the population depends on an off-grid power supply. The major technologies used for off-grid power supply are Coconut Oil (CNO) blended with diesel in a 20:80 ratio, fuel, solar home systems and biomass. Complete report available at http://www.marketreportsonline.com/299325.html.
- Current and future power market scenario in Fiji
- Key issues influencing the power sector of Fiji
- Opportunities for private and foreign investors with increased government support for the development of renewable energy projects
Reasons to buy (http://www.marketreportsonline.com/contacts/purchase.php?name=299325 .):
- Identify the key growth and investment opportunities in the power sector of Fiji
- Gain insights on the growth opportunities and barriers for private players.
- Developing strategies based on the latest regulatory events
- Facilitate decision-making based on the investment opportunities offered by Fiji's power sector
List of Tables from Table of Contents:
Table 1: Power Market, Fiji, Cumulative Installed Capacity (MW), 2000-2020 3
Table 2: Power Market, Fiji, Power Generation (GWh), 2000-2020 4
Table 3: Power Market, Fiji, Power Demand (GWh), 2003-2020 5
Table 4: Power Market, Fiji, Generation Share by Technology (%), 2012 6
Table 5: Power Market, Fiji, Operational Power Plants by Fuel Type (MW), 2013 6
Table 6: Power Market, Fiji, Upcoming Installations by Fuel Type (MW), 2013 7
Table 7: Power Market, Fiji, Transmission System, 2002-2020 9
Table 8: Power Market, Fiji, Distribution System, 2002-2020 10
Table 9: Power Market, Fiji, Required Investments in the Power Sector ($m), 2013 11
Table 10: Power Market , Fiji, Planned Renewable Capacity Additions (MW), 2013-2017 13
Table 11: Abbreviations 16
Explore more reports on Energy and Power Market @ http://www.marketreportsonline.com/cat/energy-and-power-supplies-market-research.html.