Dallas, TX -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/07/2013 -- ReportsnReports.com adds “Food Safety Diagnostics, The World Market” new market research report to its store. The food supply worldwide is under constant threat and effective test product that can ensure food safety are in demand. Microbial pathogens (primarily bacteria), viruses, environmental toxins, food allergens and adulterants, residues of drugs and agricultural chemicals can if unchecked, harm consumers. In some countries testing for Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) is also conducted to ensure food authenticity. According to Kalorama Information's Food Safety Diagnostics, The World Market, authored by Emil Salazar, there is an opportunity for IVD companies to adapt technologies used in clinical testing for these food safety purposes.
Beyond base demand from food industry and governmental agencies, the food safety diagnostics market has found growth in the past five years through a number of market drivers in the United States, abroad, and through the globalization of food. Current pressure on regulators and industry to ensure food safety is seemingly unprecedented in an age of mass media, consumer alert systems and industrialized food production that together have led to high publicized outbreaks and food safety recalls.
Analysis of the Market by Diagnostic Method and Disease Threats
Food Safety Diagnostics, The World Market, provides a detailed review of the opportunity for IVD companies to particpate in the food diagnostic industry. A thorough explanation of food recalls, regulatory measures and market drivers provides a background. The report looks at the market from a dual perspective so that it can be most useful to companies interested in the market. It analyzes the market by the type of technology product: immunodiagnostics, microbiology and molecular, as well as by target: Pathogens, Toxins, Agricultural Chemical/Veterinary Drug Residues, Allergens, and GMO/Authenticity. As part of its comprehensive coverage, the report includes the following important data:
- Food Safety Diagnostics Market Size and Forecast
- US and European Food Recall Statistics
- Strengths and Weakness of Various Food Safety Diagnostic Methods
- Food Safety Microbiology Market, Forecast and Breakout by Region (North America, Europe, ROW)
- Food Safety Molecular Diagnostics Market, Forecast and Breakout by Region (North America, Europe, ROW)
- Food Safety Immunodiagnostics Market, Forecast and Breakout by Region (North America, Europe, ROW)
- Food Safety Diagnostics Market Share by Threat – Pathogens, Toxins, Agricultural Chemical/Veterinary Drug Residues, Allergens, and GMO/Authenticity -
- US and European Food Import Data
- Food Safety Diagnostics Company Market Share
- Listing of Food Safety Diagnostics Products by Company
A Focus on Detect ion of Food Safety Threats
The market scoping of this report and its distinction between food safety and food quality is informed by the definition of food safety as the presence or absence of hazards injurious or otherwise harmful to consumers. Numerous microbiological tests elsewhere termed food safety products or tests were determined in the course of market study to be irrelevant to the food safety diagnostics market. The two primary reasons for excluding non-pathogen microbiological tests:
- Such tests remain overwhelmingly the domain of traditional microbiology with culturing and plating used to determine colony and organism counts; IVD technologies can be used only selectively when specific microorganisms are to be detected
- Microbiological tests that do not selectively target pathogens may alternatively be used for food quality (determination of spoilage organisms such as bacteria, molds, or yeasts) or food safety through the determination of indicator organisms correlated with hygiene or conditions otherwise favorable to pathogenic microbes
Unlike other studies availalble, Food Safety Diagnostics, The World Market does not limit analys to pathogens alone. Important markets for diagnostic companies exist in the testing for environmental toxins or allergens, and these are amply covered.
A Clear Picture of the Competitive Landscape
The report presents the opportunity for IVD companies to enter the market but Established players exist in the food safety diagnostics market, many with market shares estimable from company financial data and industry metrics.. The competitive landscape of the food safety diagnostics market is fragmented. The following larger players are profiled in detail in this report.
- bioMérieux SA
- DuPont Qualicon
- Life Technologies Corporation
- Merck Millipore
- Neogen Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Waters Corporation
As there are many other players, an additional table lists over 120 other companies involved in Food Safety Diagnostics, thier locations and key products.
Information for this report was gathered from a wide variety of published sources including company reports, catalogs, materials and public filings; government documents; trade journals; newspapers and business press; analysts’ reports and other sources. Interviews with company representatives were conducted to capture the perspectives from industry participants’ point of view and assess trends, and form the basis of the forecasting and competitive analysis.
Buy your copy of this report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=218310. Contact email@example.com for further information.
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/0/111656568937629536321/posts
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)