MarketReportsOnline.com adds "Alzheimer’s Disease Patients & Market Worldwide, Future Scenario (2010 – 2015) & Drugs Analysis" report to its research store.
Dallas, TX -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/03/2014 -- Alzheimer’s is a complex disease and there is no single “magic bullet” available in the market to prevent or cure it. Though many marketed drugs have been approved for Alzheimer’s disease, but it still remains a significant area of unmet medical need. Clinical success has proven elusive; however, numerous companies are developing novel treatments. Currently there’s no cure for Alzheimer’s and its still waiting for its key product. In addition, all current marketed products are going to be generic in the next five years.
In 2010, there were more than 30 Million people suffering with Alzheimer’s disease but it is anticipated that by 2015 over 35 Million people worldwide will be suffering from this disease. Much of this increase will be due to increase in number of people with Alzheimer’s in low and middle income countries. Since the risk of getting the disease increases with age, the number of patients with the illness to be found in any community will depend on the proportion of older people in the group. Traditionally, the developed countries have large proportions of elderly people, and so they have many cases of Alzheimer’s disease in the community at one time. However, developing countries are also undergoing a demographic transition so that more and more persons are surviving to an old age.
Purchase a copy of this report @ http://www.marketreportsonline.com/contacts/purchase.php?name=344696.
Global Alzheimer’s disease has increased manifold and expected to cross US$ 19 Billion by 2015. North America controls more than 50% of the total Alzheimer’s drug market share in 2010. Over the past years, the Alzheimer’s disease market has been flagged with several drugs into the market. Till last year Aricept was the world best selling drug which lost patent protection in November 2010, a milestone that will be followed by a rapid loss in sales. But there are other drugs which has the potential to become blockbuster drug by 2010. Namenda, Exelon has shown alluring growth in the market and become blockbusters in 2010. Ebixa a drug of Memantine group is expected to have a Billion dollar market by 2014. Given the alarming worldwide growth in Alzheimer’s patients, and especially if companies are able to address major unmet needs, the outlook for the Alzheimer’s disease market is excellent.
This report titled “Alzheimer’s Disease Patients & Market Worldwide, Future Scenario (2010 – 2015) & Drugs Analysis” studies the Alzheimer’s Disease patients prevalence worldwide and region wise. The report provides data on the Alzheimer’s Disease market Worldwide, North America, Europe and Rest of the world.
Key Company Profiles
This section provides business overview and key financial information of the companies listed below: Forest Laboratories, Eisai, H. Lundbeck A/S, Novartis, Merz GmbH & Co. KGaA, Johnson & Johnson, UCB
Alzheimer’s drugs such as Exelon, Aricept, Namenda, Razadyne, Axura, Ebixa, Nootropil, Prometax, Memac, Eranz market past, present and future scenario has been analyzed in this report.
Complete report available @ http://www.marketreportsonline.com/344696.html.
- More than 35 Million people are expected to suffer from Alzheimer’s disease by 2015 worldwide.
- By 2050, 59 percent of the world’s Alzheimer’s cases will live in Asia.
- Global Alzheimer’s disease market is expected to cross the figure of US$ 19 Billion by 2015.
- North America is the leading market share taker in the Alzheimer’s disease market.
- Aricept sales is expected to fall after losing its patent in November 2010
- Ebixa, Excelon & Namenda are on the path of becoming the next blockbuster drugs after Aricept
Major points from Table of contents (http://www.marketreportsonline.com/344696-toc.html) are listed below:
1. Executive Summary
2. Worldwide Prevalence of Alzheimer’s Patients
3. Regional Estimates for Alzheimer’s Patients
4. Worldwide Alzheimer’s Disease Market
5. Worldwide – Alzheimer’s Drug Market Share 2008 – 2009
6. Worldwide – Top 10 Alzheimer’s Drug Brands Market Performance
7. Alzheimer’s Disease Deals, 2005 – 2009
8. Key Drivers of Growth in Global Alzheimer’s Disease Drug Market
9. Key Challenges in the Global Alzheimer’s Disease Drug Market
10. Key Players in the Alzheimer’s Drug Market
List of Tables
Explore more reports on Pharmaceuticals Market @ http://www.marketreportsonline.com/cat/pharmaceuticals-market-research.html.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information/ details.