Dallas, TX -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/28/2014 -- ReportsnReports.com adds Global Diabetic Retinopathy Market 2014-2018 new report in its store. DR is defined as an eye disorder that damages the blood vessels of the retina. The retina is the light-sensitive inner surface of the eye which acts as a film for the formation of an image. Long-term diabetes affects the retina as a high blood glucose level can deteriorate and damage the tiny blood vessels in the retina. DR is broadly classified into either non-proliferative DR or proliferative retinopathy. Treatment for DR is dependent on the stage of the disease and is directed at trying to slow or stop the progression of the disease. At present, three types of treatment exist for DR: laser surgery, injection of corticosteroids or anti-VEGF drugs into the eye, and vitrectomy.
Analysts forecast the Global DR market will grow at a CAGR of 6.8 percent over the period 2013-2018.
Covered in this Report
This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the Global DR market for the period 2014-2018. To calculate the market size, the report considers the revenue generated from the sales of various ophthalmic injections and drugs used in the treatment of DR.
Purchase Report Directly @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/Purchase.aspx?name=290255.
Global DR Market 2014-2018, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas and the EMEA and APAC regions; it also covers the Global DR market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
- Bayer AG
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc.
Other Prominent Vendors
- Abbott Laboratories Ltd.
- Alcon Laboratories Inc.
- Alimera Sciences Inc.
- Allergan Inc.
- Ampio Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Antisense Therapeutics Ltd.
- Bausch & Lomb Inc.
- BCN Peptides SA
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Ferrosan Holding A/S
- iCo Therapeutics Inc.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- LPath Inc.
- Lupin Ltd.
- Novast Laboratories Ltd.
- OPKO Health Inc.
- Parexel International Corp.
- pSivida Corp.
- Quark Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Sirnaomics Inc.
- Thrombogenics NV
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Vitreoretinal Technologies Inc.
Key Market Driver
- Increase in Prevalence of Diabetes.
Key Market Challenge
- Lack of Accurate Diagnosis of the Disease.
Key Market Trend
- Increase in Awareness of DR Treatment.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?