Dallas, TX -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/07/2014 -- ReportsnReports.com adds Global Hypercholesterolemia Market 2014-2018 new report in its store.
Hypercholesterolemia is defined as a condition characterized by abnormally high levels of total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol in the blood. High cholesterol levels, in turn, can lead to cardiovascular diseases such as atherosclerosis and stroke. The normal physiological range of total blood cholesterol is 140-200 mg/dL. However, blood cholesterol consists of various individual components such as LDL cholesterol and HDL cholesterol. While LDL delivers cholesterol to the body, HDL removes cholesterol from cells by reverse cholesterol transport to the liver. Owing to their distinct roles, these components are separately taken into account to determine the dyslipidemic status of an individual. The inheritable form of hypercholesterolemia, characterized by elevated total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol levels, is known as familial hypercholesterolemia. When the condition is inherited due to the presence of one abnormal copy of the LDL receptor gene, it is known as heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia. The presence of abnormal copies of both the LDL receptor alleles leads to homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia.
Analysts forecast the Global Hypercholesterolemia market will grow at a CAGR of 3.81 percent over the period 2014-2018.
Purchase Report Directly @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/Purchase.aspx?name=290219.
Covered in this Report
This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the Global Hypercholesterolemia market for the period 2014-2018. To calculate the market size, the report considers revenue generated through the sales of various hypercholesterolemia management drugs that are available in the market which includes statins and other serum lipid lowering drugs. The report also presents the vendor landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the top five vendors in the Global Hypercholesterolemia market. In addition, it discusses the major drivers that influence the growth of the market. It also outlines the challenges faced by the vendors and the market at large, as well as the key trends that are emerging in the market.
Global Hypercholesterolemia Market 2014-2018, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas, and the EMEA and APAC regions; it also covers the Global Hypercholesterolemia market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
Inquire Before Buying @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/InquiryBeforeBuy.aspx?name=290219.
- AbbVie Inc.
- Astrazeneca PLC
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
Other Prominent Vendors
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Amgen Inc.
- AtheroNova Inc.
- Biospherics.net Incorporated
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Catabasis Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Cerenis Therapeutics, SA
- CymaBay Therapeutics, Inc.
- Daiichi Sankyo Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Esperion Therapeutics Inc.
- Glaxosmithkline plc
- Kadmon Pharmaceuticals LLC
- Kowa Pharmaceuticals America Inc.
- Laboratoires SMB S.A.
- Madrigal Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- REGENX BioSciences, LLC
- Santaris Pharma A/S
- Serometrix LLC
- Shionogi Pharma Inc.
- Spherix Incorporated
- Sun Pharma USA
- Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corp.
Key Market Driver
- Increase in the Incidence and Prevalence of Cardiovascular Diseases.
Key Market Challenge
- Increase in Generic Erosion.
Key Market Trend
- Fierce Market Competition.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?