The Report/Survey investigates the way that French enterprises like to purchase technology, as well as the major IT and business objectives influencing their IT investment strategies.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/19/2013 -- Why was the report written?
To highlight the criteria on which French enterprises select their ICT providers as well as the roles which have influence while making ICT purchasing decisions.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
French enterprises have an optimistic outlook towards ICT investments and their preference towards hosted services is also gaining traction.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The growing need to streamline business operations and reduce costs is increasing the adoption of hosted services in French enterprises.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
Publisher's Global ICT Intelligence team has invested significant resources in order to interview CIOs and IT managers about their ICT Procurement. Very few IT analyst houses will have interviewed 150+ ICT decision makers in the French market in H2 2012.
Inquire about this report: ICT procurement trends in France - Enterprise ICT investment plans to 2013
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides insights into French enterprises' preferred buying approaches.
- Comprehend the business objectives that French enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategy.
- Appreciate the IT objectives that French enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategy.
- Understand the factors that are influencing French enterprises' decision to select an ICT provider.
- Understand which organizational roles influence ICT purchasing decisions and signing off budgets.
Key Market Issues
- French enterprises consider cutting costs to be the most important business objective influencing their IT investment strategies.
- Local resellers have an edge over national resellers as they are in a better position to communicate and coordinate, thereby well suited to provide value added services and after sales support to enterprises.
- French enterprises consider 'price' to be the most important criteria in selecting an ICT provider indicating that enterprises are still under budgetary pressures.
- The survey finds that the majority (X% on average) of enterprises in France either have very complex or somewhat complex ICT infrastructure.
- French enterprises rate 'Improve supplier relationships' on the lower side of the scale indicating that focus is very much on their own operations to improve their productivity and profitability.
- ICT spending in France is set to follow a moderate upward trend, as the French economy, after stagnant economic growth in 2012, is likely to witness a slight upturn in the first half of 2013.
The goal of demonstrating the value of IT to the business has received the highest average rating of X on a scale of 1 to 4.
- French enterprises rate the CIO/IT department as the most influential authority when making ICT purchasing decisions, as they achieve the highest average rating of X on a scale of 1 to 4. However, with IT emerging as an essential tool for business transformation, evidently CEOs and CFOs are taking a more active role in ICT decision-making.
- ICT spending in France is being driven by investment in core technologies such as IT systems management and content management. However, over the next two years, this trend is expected to change as an increasing number of French enterprises are planning to shift their focus from core technologies to virtualization and cloud infrastructure.
- Newly formed enterprises and start-ups in France are leveraging hosted services to achieve flexibility, reduce capital expenditure, and minimize complexity.
Browse ICT Procurement Trends Worldwide Reports for other countries.