Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Argentina's Cards and Payments Industry: Emerging Opportunities, Trends, Size, Drivers, Strategies, Products and Competitive Landscape” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/22/2014 -- The Argentinian card payments channel grew both in volume and value terms during the review period. In terms of volume, the card payments channel grew at a CAGR of 14.51% from 35.0 million cards in 2008 to 60.2 million in 2012. Growth is anticipated to continue at a forecast-period CAGR of 6.27% to reach 86.5 million cards in circulation by 2017.
In terms of card volume, credit cards accounted for a 46.4% share in 2012, followed by debit cards with 45.1%. In terms of value, the card payments channel grew from ARS265.4 billion (US$84.4 billion) in 2008 to ARS561.6 billion (US$123.8 billion) in 2012, at a CAGR of 20.61%. The channel is expected to reach ARS839.2 billion (US$102.3 billion) in 2017, representative of a forecast-period CAGR of 7.03%. Growth in the channel is expected to be driven by an increasing demand for charge cards and credit cards, a better regulatory framework, an increasing e-commerce market and a positive economic outlook.
The implementation of improved security measures and advanced technology has changed the dynamics of the cards and payments industry in Argentina. EMV is a chip-based technology superior to magnetic strip based cards in terms of security and transaction speed. EMV technology supported by NFC-enabled contactless payment systems will significantly reduce the processing speed of transactions, saving time and money for customers and retailers.
Inquiry for more information visit: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/argentinas-cards-and-payments-industry-emerging-opportunities-trends-size-drivers
The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights on Argentina’s cards and payments industry, including:
- Current and forecast values for each category of Argentina’s cards and payments industry, including debit cards, credit cards and prepaid cards
- Comprehensive analysis of the industry’s market attractiveness and future growth areas
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing Argentina’s cards and payments industry
- Detailed analysis of the marketing strategies adopted for selling debit, credit and prepaid cards used by various bankers and other institutions in the market
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitude and their buying preferences for cards
- The competitive landscape of Argentina’s cards and payments industry
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of Argentina’s cards and payments industry.
- It provides current values for Argentina’s cards and payments industry for 2012, and forecast figures for 2017.
- It details the different economic, infrastructural and business drivers affecting Argentina’s cards and payments industry.
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
- It details the marketing strategies used by various banks and other institutions.
- It profiles the major banks in Argentina’s cards and payments industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to Argentina’s cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within Argentina’s cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in Argentina’s cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights in to the marketing strategies used for selling various card types in Argentina.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing Argentina’s cards and payments industry.
- The Argentinian card payments channel registered marginal growth during the review period (2008–2012). The number of cards in circulation recorded a review-period CAGR of 14.51%, supported by a positive economic outlook, a need for more sophisticated products in terms of prepaid and charge cards, the growth of retail commerce and increased demand for prepaid products.
- During the review period, the size of the card payments channel, in terms of volume, increased at a CAGR of 14.51% to reach 60.2 million cards in 2012. In value terms, the Argentinian card payments channel grew from ARS265.4 billion (US$84.4 billion) in 2008 to ARS561.6 billion (US$123.8 billion) in 2012. Over the forecast period (2013–2017), card payments are expected to deliver strong growth as consumers increasingly move away from cash transactions.
- Competition in the cards and payments industry has forced issuers to employ effective promotional strategies. Card transaction discounts and benefits, which create consumer satisfaction and increased customer loyalty, are available. Benefits include complementary insurance, interest-free credit, overseas medical and legal assistance, and information on transactions through e-statements. Many banks have competitive interest rates on credit cards with deferred interest. Also available is a 5% VAT rebate on purchases made with certain cards.
- Technological advances in payment systems and its supporting infrastructure include EMV, NFC and contactless technology. EMV technology replaces magnetic strip-based cards with chip-based cards which store data and can be read with radio frequency identification device (RFID) or NFC devices, both of which enable contactless payment. These technologies have significantly reduced processing times and strengthened security measures, saving both consumers and retailers time and money. Overall growth in the Argentinian cards and payments industry is based on the adoption of advanced technology which will increase card use for transactions.
- E-commerce consumers in Argentina prefer to use cards when making online payments, often encouraged by promotional offers. In Argentina, more than 30% of the country’s SMEs used e-commerce to make transactions including buying and selling of the products and services in 2013, and this trend is expected to continue over the forecast period, driving online card transactions.
Spanning over 101 pages, 60 tables and 66 figures “Argentina's Cards and Payments Industry: Emerging Opportunities, Trends, Size, Drivers, Strategies, Products and Competitive Landscape” report covering the Analysis of the Market Environment, Key Trends and Drivers, Cards and Payments Industry Share Analysis, Regulatory Framework and Card Fraud Statistics, Emerging Consumer Attitudes and Trends, Analysis of Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Credit Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Debit Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Charge Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Prepaid Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Merchant Acquiring, Company Profiles of Card Issuers, Appendix. The report covering 7 companies - Banco de la Nación Argentina, Banco de Galicia y Buenos Aires SA, Banco Macro SA, Banco Santander Río SA, Banco Patagonia, MasterCard, Visa.
Find All Country Overview (Banking and Finance) Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/country-overview-banking-finance
Related Country Reports;
1st- Canada's Cards and Payments Industry: Emerging Opportunities, Trends, Size, Drivers, Strategies, Products and Competitive Landscape - See more at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/canadas-cards-and-payments-industry-emerging-opportunities-trends-size-drivers-strategies
2nd- Brazil’s Cards and Payments Industry: Emerging Opportunities, Trends, Size, Drivers, Strategies, Products and Competitive Landscape - See more at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/brazil%E2%80%99s-cards-and-payments-industry-emerging-opportunities-trends-size-drivers-strategies
3rd- India's Cards and Payments Industry: Emerging Opportunities, Trends, Size, Drivers, Strategies, Products and Competitive Landscape - See more at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/indias-cards-and-payments-industry-emerging-opportunities-trends-size-drivers-strategies
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
Follow us on YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/user/MarketResearchReport