Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “OpportunityAnalyzer: Bladder Cancer - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/14/2014 -- Bladder cancer is a urologic malignancy arising from the epithelial lining of the urinary bladder. Although it is the ninth most common cancer worldwide in men and women, with the highest recurrence rate of any malignancy, relatively little is known about its etiology. There has been little development over the past 20 years in bladder cancer, with a huge void of unmet met needs which are yet to be filled.
The disease can be spilt into three main categories; NMIBC (non-muscle invasive bladder cancer), muscle invasive disease and metastatic disease. The standards of care within all of these settings are generics; BCG immunotherapy/ mitomycin c (NMIBC) and the off label use of GemCis (muscle invasive disease and metastatic disease).
Progression and recurrence rates are relative to clinical stage, but are generally high, especially for patients with the aggressive carcinoma in situ (CIS) classification. This is one patient subgroup which has particularly high unmet needs.
There are clear unmet needs for higher efficacious drugs that can reduce progression and recurrence rates as well as cure the disease, surprisingly big pharma seems to have taken a back seat in development, instead collaborating with independent researchers to head trials with their already marketed drugs. Most of the current pipeline is being investigated by small-medium sized biotech's.
Inquire about this report: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/globaldata/opportunityanalyzer-bladder-cancer-opportunity-analysis-and-forecasts-2017
Key Questions Answered -
- Which bladder cancer patient segments have the greatest unmet needs?
- What are the R&D strategies companies are pursuing in the bladder cancer space?
- Why has there been a void of interest from big pharma in this highly underserved market?
- What are the most promising pipeline agents for bladder cancer? How do their clinical and commercial attributes compare to one another?
- What opportunities will remain for future players following the launch of these pipeline agents?
- What is the potential for predictive biomarkers and targeted therapies in the bladder cancer setting?
- The forecasts the bladder cancer market in the 6MM to grow modestly from $239.3m in 2012 to $297.5m in 2017, at a CAGR of 4%. The main driver of growth in the global bladder cancer market will be the increase in number of incident cases across the study period in the 6MM and the entrance of EOquin into the market towards the end of the forecast period.
- Although the level of unmet need in the bladder cancer market is high, KOLs are generally not impressed by any of the pipeline products and they do not expect any of them to drastically change the treatment landscape. The unmet needs will hence remain after the forecast period in turn rendering the bladder cancer market as highly lucrative and commercially viable for developers.
- Publisher's believes that with the unmet needs being so high, regulatory authorities may offer a more flexible approach to what is required to satisfy approval requirements. Publisher's believes small biotech’s are taking a risk-reward gamble tilted towards high risks for high rewards in the bladder cancer market. However,Publisher's also expects big pharma to gradually start taking a more proactive role in bladder cancer drug development because very few cancer settings provide the relatively low regulatory hurdles that bladder cancer does, in turn making it an alluring prospect for drug development.
- The expects future efforts to focus on predictive biomarkers which will pave the way for desperately needed targeted therapies in this space.
- Overview of bladder cancer, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
- Topline bladder cancer therapeutics market revenue from 2012–2017. Annual cost of therapy, and major marketed and pipeline drug sales in this forecast period are included.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, R&D strategies, and clinical trial design for the bladder cancer therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs. An interactive clinical and commercial analyzer tool is available.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global bladder cancer market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Spanning over 158 pages, 44 Tables and 12 Figures, “OpportunityAnalyzer: Bladder Cancer - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017” report covering Disease Overview, Epidemiology, Current Treatment Options, Unmet Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis, R&D Strategies, Pipeline Assessment, Pipeline Valuation Analysis, Appendix.
Browse more Pharma and Healthcarereports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/pharma-healthcare
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
Follow us on YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/user/MarketResearchReport