Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Commercial Property Insurance in the UK - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/03/2014 -- Gross written premiums in the commercial property insurance category recorded sustained growth throughout the review period (2008–2012), rising at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.79%. Premiums increased at an annual rate of 6.8% in 2012, reaching a total of GBP6.72 billion; the highest level in five years.
Commercial property insurance claims paid declined by 5.5% in 2012, but this belies the rapid growth recorded since 2008. Payouts rose at a CAGR of 57.29% over the five years to 2012, while claims incurred increased at a CAGR of 28.61% during the same period. The UK has experienced frequent flooding since 2000, including two of the wettest years on record since 2008.
Despite weakness in the commercial construction market and flagging business sentiment due to poor economic conditions, the rise in premiums was driven by high claims related to severe weather and instances of civil unrest. Tentative economic recovery and improving business conditions drove growth towards the end of the review period.
A large claims burden, limited investment returns due to the UK’s low interest rate environment, and rising expenses have hindered the profitability of insurers in the category. A combined operating ratio of 111.8% was registered in 2012. Although it exceeds the 100% breakeven threshold, it marks an improvement on profitability levels recorded during 2008?2010.
Following the expiry of the Statement of Principles in June 2013, Flood Re was established by the government and the insurance industry. Unlike its predecessor, Flood Re excludes small businesses from guaranteed flood insurance at affordable prices, and will result in upward pressure on costs and premiums for insurers and their commercial customers.
Despite downside forces, growth in commercial property gross written premiums will prevail over the forecast period (2013–2017) as the economic recovery gains traction, business confidence improves and commercial construction activity increases. Premiums are expected to rise to GBP8.22 billion in 2017, representative of a CAGR of 4.34% over the five years from 2013.
The report Commercial Property Insurance in the UK - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017 provides market analysis, information and insights into the UK commercial property insurance business.
- It provides a snapshot of market's size and segmentation
- It offers a comprehensive analysis of claims, drivers and market outlook
- It analyzes distribution channels
- It details deals, news and regulatory developments
- This report provides market analysis, information and insights into the UK commercial property insurance business
- It provides a global snapshot of market size
- It analyses drivers and the outlook for the market
- It provides information on distribution channels
- It covers deals, news and regulatory developments
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an understanding of the UK commercial property insurance market size
- Learn about the performance of market drivers and distribution channels
- Understand the competitive landscape in terms of performance, profitability and product innovation
- Find out more on key deals and recent developments in the market
- Premium growth was maintained in 2012
- Commercial property insurance payouts have surged
- High claims led insurers to raise rates
- Profitability has been elusive
- Insurers will face headwinds following legislative changes
- Moderate growth in gross written premiums is expected
Spanning over 66 pages, 36 Tables and 22 Figures “Commercial Property Insurance in the UK - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017” report provide Market Analysis, Competitive Landscape, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Deals, News, Regulation and Compliance, Macroeconomic Backdrop, Company Profiles, Statistics, Appendix and the report cover 10 companies - ACE European Group Ltd, Allianz Insurance Plc, Aviva Plc, Axa UK Plc, FM Insurance Company Ltd, Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) Plc, QBE Insurance (Europe) Ltd, Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance Plc, XL Group Plc, Zurich Insurance Plc.
Inquiry for more information visit: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/commercial-property-insurance-uk-%E2%80%93-key-trends-and-opportunities-2017
Find All Banking and Finance Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/banking-finance
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
Follow us on LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/company/market-research-reports-inc-
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)