Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/24/2014 -- The Chilean construction industry recorded a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.79% during the review period (2009?2013). During the review period, and following the 2010 earthquake, growth was supported by a rapid inflow of foreign direct investment (FDI), low unemployment, reconstruction and modernization work. The growth of the construction industry is expected to remain strong over the forecast period (2014?2018), as the government is increasing its efforts to improve the country’s infrastructure, meet the rising demand for residential units and increase investment in the mining and retail industries. The construction industry’s output is expected to record a CAGR of 8.90% over the forecast period.
This report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the Chilean construction industry including:
- The Chilean construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and type of construction activity
- Analysis of equipment, material and service costs across each project type within Chile
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, and the risks and opportunities they present to participants in the Chilean construction industry
- Profiles of the leading operators in the Chilean construction industry.
- Data highlights of the largest construction projects in Chile
Know more about this report at : - http://mrr.cm/ZdZ
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Chile. It provides:
- Historical (2009-2013) and forecast (2014-2018) valuations of the construction industry in Chile using construction output and value-add methods
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, institutional and residential) and by project type
- Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
- Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
- Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in Chile
Reasons to Buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using our standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts
- Understand the latest industry and market trends
- Formulate and validate business strategies using Timetric's critical and actionable insight
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors
- The construction industry is likely to expand over the forecast period, as a result of healthy inflows of FDI. According to the Foreign Investment Committee, the country attracted a total of CLP11.1 trillion (US$28.2 billion) in FDI in 2012; an increase of 63.0% over 2011. The Pacific Alliance, a Latin American trade bloc comprising Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru, received CLP1.0 quadrillion (US$2.1 trillion) as total planned investment for the period 2013–2016. Of this total investment, Chile is likely to receive CLP50.2 trillion (US$102.0 billion) FDI over 2013–2016. Continuous investments in the mining industry and infrastructure will also aid growth of the construction industry over the forecast period.
- During the review period, the Chilean construction industry registered a value add CAGR of 11.07% in nominal terms, reaching a value of CLP10.9 trillion (US$22.9 billion) in 2013. Over the forecast period, the construction value added is expected to register a CAGR of 8.49%, to value CLP16.5 trillion (US$34.4 billion) in 2018. Forecast-period growth will depend upon healthy economic growth, increased investments and favorable business conditions.
- Due to the increasing number of people living in residential areas ? longer distances from prime locations ? retailers are focusing on establishing the mini-malls segment. Due to the healthier economic environment, improving consumer confidence has helped to increase the number of investments in the retail sector. According to a Chilean business newspaper, Pulso is planning to invest CLP3.5 trillion (US$7.1 billion) by 2017. Falabella, a Chilean department store retailer, will make the largest investment of CLP2.0 trillion (US$4.0 billion), which will add 527 stores and 51 malls to its retail portfolio. Other retailers such as Cencosud and Parque Arauco will invest CLP590.3 billion (US$1.2 billion) and CLP221.4 billion (US$450.0 million) respectively. Such developments in the retail sector will support the retail buildings category over the forecast period.
- The residential construction market will be fueled further by projects such as: the Vitacura Cumbres del Condor Residential Complex, valued at CLP17.9 billion (US$37.0 million); the Rancagua Portal Machali Housing Complex, worth CLP18.9 billion (US$39.0 million); and the Papudo Residential Units Development project, worth CLP48.6 billion (US$100.0 million). All of these are expected to be completed over the forecast period.
- In 2012, the government passed a new research and development (R&D) law to stimulate R&D investments and establish Chile as a primary innovation hub in Latin America. Under the law, the corporate taxpayer can claim a tax credit of 35.0% on all R&D projects, with the remaining 65% being tax-deductible in any sector. The law also tripled the maximum amount of tax credit that companies can claim to CLP583.8 billion (US$1.2 million) per year. Over the forecast period, growth in the research facilities category will be supported by the government’s efforts to promote R&D activities.
Know more about this report at : - http://mrr.cm/ZdZ
Spanning over 69 pages, “Construction in Chile - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018” report covering the Market Overview, Commercial Construction, Industrial Construction, Infrastructure Construction, Institutional Construction, Residential Construction, Company Profile: Salfacorp SA, Company Profile: Besalco SA, Company Profile: Socovesa SA, Company Profile: TECSA Holding, Company Profile: Sigdo Koppers SA, Market Data Analysis, Appendix. The report covered 5 companies - SalfaCorp SA, Besalco SA, Socovesa SA, TECSA Holding, Sigdo Koppers SA.
Find all Construction Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/construction
Find other Reports on Chilean market at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/countries/chile
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For latest market research videos visit: http://www.marketresearch.tv