Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/03/2014 -- The Indian construction industry registered a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.52% in nominal terms during the review period (2009–2013), driven by private and public investments in infrastructure, as well as institutional and commercial construction projects. Industry growth is expected to remain strong over the forecast period (2014–2018), as a result of the government’s commitment to making infrastructural improvements and the implementation of the 12th Five-Year Plan (2012–2017), under which the government expressed plans to invest INR56.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in various long-term development plans. Consequently, industry output is expected to record a forecast-period nominal CAGR of 10.09%.
This report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights into the Indian construction industry including:
- The Indian construction industry's growth prospects by market, project type and type of construction activity
- Analysis of equipment, material and service costs across each project type within India
- Critical insight into the impact of industry trends and issues, and the risks and opportunities they present to participants in the Indian construction industry
- Profiles of the leading operators in the Indian construction industry.
- Data highlights of the largest construction projects in India
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in India. It provides:
- Historical (2009-2013) and forecast (2014-2018) valuations of the construction industry in India using construction output and value-add methods
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, institutional and residential) and by project type
- Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
- Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
- Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in India
Reasons to Buy
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities using our standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies
- Assess market growth potential at a micro-level with over 600 time-series data forecasts
- Understand the latest industry and market trends
- Formulate and validate business strategies using Timetric's critical and actionable insight
- Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures
- Evaluate competitive risk and success factors
Browse this report: http://mrr.cm/ZWZ
- According to the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, the construction industry’s value add at constant prices rose by 3.0% in 2013 – up from 1.8% in 2012. The annual pace of growth has slowed, however, from an average of 8.5% in 2010?2011. The outlook for growth is positive, having been supported by government investment to improve the country’s infrastructure, education and healthcare, as well as spending on affordable homes to meet the country’s rising demand for housing. Large-scale investments in infrastructure development under the 12th Five-Year Plan will be an important driver of growth.
- Infrastructure investment remains a key strategy for supporting economic growth. In its 2014–2015 budget, the Indian government increased its expenditure on the infrastructure sector and allocated INR1.8 trillion (US$27.3 billion); an increase of 8.6% over the 2013–2014 budget expenditure. This will contribute to the continued expansion of infrastructure construction over the forecast period.
- With an aim to increase foreign exchange earnings from the tourism industry to INR1.5 trillion (US$26.0 billion) and attract eight million tourists by 2015, the government is focusing on the construction of new tourist destinations such as Tannirbhavi aquamarine park, the Bhaleydunga Skywalk in Gangtok and the construction of a film city at Hesaraghatta in Bangalore. This will help to support growth in the leisure and hospitality buildings category over the forecast period.
- As a robust and modern transportation infrastructure is vital for the growth and competitiveness of the economy, the government is focusing more on infrastructure development. Accordingly, a total of INR56.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) is planned to be spent in the next planning period of 2012–2017; an increase in investment of 136.0% from the 11th Five-Year Plan. From this proposed investment, INR15.0 trillion (US$279.4 billion) will be spent on electricity, INR9.7 trillion (US$180.4 billion) on roads and bridges, and INR5.2 trillion (US$97.1 billion) on railways. The government plans to achieve these objectives through the PPP model, and attract half of the funding amount from the private sector.
- The country’s rising population and urbanization trends will continue to provide some support for residential construction. According to the World Population Statistics, the country’s population grew by 17.7% from 2000 to 2011 – from 1.1 billion to 1.2 billion – and is expected to reach 1.4 billion and 1.6 billion by 2020 and 2040 respectively. As a proportion of the total, the country’s urban population increased from 27.8% in 2001 to 31.2% in 2011, and is expected to reach 33.0% by 2026. The country’s growing population and rapid urban development will create fresh demand for residential construction market over the forecast period.
Spanning over 85 pages, “Construction in India - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018” report covering the Market Overview, Commercial Construction, Industrial Construction, Infrastructure Construction, Institutional Construction, Residential Construction, Company Profile: Larsen & Toubro LTD, Company Profile: Jaiprakash Associates Ltd, Company Profile: GMR Infrastructure Ltd, Company Profile: DLF Ltd, Company Profile: Punj Lloyd Ltd, Market Data Analysis, Appendix.
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
Follow us on slideshare : http://www.slideshare.net/MarketResearchReports