Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “OpportunityAnalyzer: Uveitis - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/10/2014 -- Steady growth is expected for the Uveitis market from 2012 to 2017. The report estimates that the Uveitis market across the six major markets (6MM) covered in this report (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK) was worth $340m in 2012 and will grow to $464m by 2017. This represents a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 6.5%. The majority of sales will come from the US market, which will have a CAGR of 8.7% during the forecast period from 2012–2017 due to the earlier introduction of pipeline drugs than in the European Union (EU) countries.
Inquiry for more information visit: OpportunityAnalyzer: Uveitis - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017
The major drivers of the growth of the Uveitis market over the forecast period are as follows:
- The most significant driver of the growth of the Uveitis market during the forecast period will be the introduction of biologics, with Humira being shifted away from off-label use to a marketed drug, and Xoma 052 being introduced as a novel biologic. This is expected to significantly change the treatment landscape for Uveitis patients, and it might introduce a shift in the treatment regimen for patients with severe forms of Uveitis.
- While corticosteroids have been at the core of Uveitis treatment, the introduction of new routes of administration for these drugs has resulted in new treatment options. Ocular implants like Retisert (fluocinolone acetonide intravitreal implant) and Ozurdex (dexamethasone intravitreal implant) have already introduced this route of administration for corticosteroids, and the pipeline product, Medidur, is expected to make ocular implants more attractive due to an expected better safety profile, long lifetime, and biodegradability. EGP-437 is a corticosteroid product for the treatment of Uveitis with a novel route of administration, and is delivered into the eye using the iontophoresis technology known as the Eyegate II Delivery System (EGDS).
- The pipeline drug, DE-109, is an intravitreal sirolimus injection that promises to offer a non-corticosteroid injection for the treatment of Uveitis, and could potentially replace corticosteroid treatment.
- Uveitis pipeline products frequently gain orphan drug status, such as DE-109 for the treatment of chronic, non-infectious Uveitis, and Xoma 052 for the treatment of Beh?et’s disease, with Uveitis being one of the hallmarks of this disease.
The major barriers to the growth of the Uveitis market are as follows:-
- Uveitis remains an under-researched indication with diverse etiologies, which means that diverse treatment options are required, and also presents a challenge for patient enrollment in clinical trials. The new biologics already target the inflammation more specifically in comparison with corticosteroid treatment, but a cure for Uveitis remains to be found.
- The majority of Uveitis patients receive corticosteroid treatments, which are a very cost-effective treatment option. Some patients receive immunosuppressive drugs, which, depending on the exact drug, are also very economical treatment options. Today, healthcare providers are increasingly focused on the cost-effectiveness of drug treatments, especially in the EU. This might make it difficult for the significantly pricier biologics, Humira and Xoma 052, to gain market approval, or it might lead to very restricted access to these drugs, even if they are approved.
- The recent failure of the previously promising Phase III pipeline product, Luveniq (voclosporin), has restricted the growth of the Uveitis market. Luveniq, which was under development for the treatment of chronic, non-infectious intermediate, posterior, and panUveitis, received orphan drug status in the EU and US in 2007. In June 2011, the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) announced a negative opinion for the product, and Lux Biosciences subsequently announced the withdrawal of its European marketing application in October 2011.
Related Reports are;
1st- OpportunityAnalyzer: Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)- Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017 - See more at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/globaldata/opportunityanalyzer-acute-myeloid-leukemia-aml-opportunity-analysis-and-forecasts-2017
2nd- OpportunityAnalyzer: Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF)- Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017 - See more at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/globaldata/opportunityanalyzer-idiopathic-pulmonary-fibrosis-ipf-opportunity-analysis-and-forecasts
At the heart of the unmet needs in the Uveitis market is the development of a cure and/or treatment options that are permanently able to control inflammation and prevent a decrease in vision. Corticosteroids, whether administered as a systemic treatment or as ocular-specific therapy, have side effects, which, over time, lead to low compliance, as well as the requirement for corticosteroid-sparing treatment. Biologics are overall well tolerated on a day to day basis, but are associated with potentially severe long-term side effects, such as infection and malignancies.
Therefore, a therapy that has both a good short- and long-term safety profile is still needed. Regarding the route of administration, key opinion leaders (KOLs) interviewed by GlobalData were very split in their preferences, as both systemic and ocular-specific treatments come with a set of complications. Therefore, diversity in the route of administration will remain key for the treatment of Uveitis patients.
Spanning over 199 pages, 59 Tables and 17 Figures, “OpportunityAnalyzer: Uveitis - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017” report covering Table of Contents, Introduction, Disease Overview, Epidemiology, Current Treatment Options, Unmet Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis, Research and Development Strategies, Pipeline Assessment, Pipeline Valuation Analysis, Appendix.
Browse other Medical Diseases market research reports analysis and trends at : http://www.marketresearchreports.com/diseases
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
Follow us on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/Market.Research.Report