Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/07/2014 -- This report provides a concise overview of the Haircare market in India. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Indian Haircare sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Haircare market in India displayed positive trend during 2007-2012, as the global economic slowdown had a minimal impact. Young consumers are driving the demand for Haircare products such as hair gels, hairsprays and waxes
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
India's fast growing economy, high proportion of youth population, and the increasing influence of western lifestyles is changing the consumption pattern of Haircare products. Furthermore, rising disposable income of the middle income group is driving the demand of premium products.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Indian Haircare sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across 4 Haircare categories and their packaging. With rising disposable income, beauty related aspiration sales have soared in India. High earning consumers are willing to trade up to premium products.
Key Features and Benefits
- Analysis of consumer behaviour, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Haircare sector.
- Key growth categories are highlighted by analysing the market dynamics of 4 Haircare categories.
- Market shares are provided for the leading brands across Haircare categories.
- An overview of packaging trends in the Indian Haircare sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key Market Issues
- The major reason behind Convenience Stores being the most preferred destination is their presence near residential areas and the discounts they offer to attract customers. Relatively fewer number of Hypermarket chains in India also favor sales at Convenience stores.
- Mid-Lifers have highest share of heavy frequency use of Haircare products such as hair serum, keratin treatment and hair repair. Older consumers have greater consumption of Hair colorants and Hair oil.
- Haircare companies have come up with products that enhance masculinity and have designed sales campaigns to attract male consumers. Haircare products such as Brylcream, Setwet hair gel, Gatsby styling wax highlights masculinity of the product in scent and style thus increasing its appeal to men.
- With rising disposable income, beauty related aspiration sales have soared in India and these high earning consumers are willing to trade up to premium products. The Haircare companies are also consistently adding more products to their premium categories to meet this demand.
- Private Label penetration is highest in the Styling Agents category followed by Shampoo in Indian Haircare market. Younger population looking for low-cost styling agents such as styling creams and waxes, hair gels, hair sprays is driving private label growth in the category as the youngsters are willing to try retailer brands.
- Males account for higher consumption of Haircare products by volume than women in India due to higher male to female ratio. Young male who are conscious of their looks use more Hair care products especially styling agents like hair gels, hairsprays.
-Haircare products consumed by Indian consumers are often linked to the age-specific needs. Haircare products consumption changes at every life stages and the marketers need to market their products accordingly. It is important for them to know their target audience and accordingly design their products and advertisements.
- More than 65% of the Indian population lives in rural areas where the use of Haircare products is still quite low. Haircare companies are providing consumers in rural India, who have low per capita income, with basic quality Haircare products in low priced small sachets.
- Due to a tradition of Ayurvedic medicine, Indian consumers prefer herbal products containing extracts from exotic medicinal herbs that can cure hair problems and make their hair naturally healthy. Consumers' demand for Haircare products with natural ingredients is driving innovation and new product launch.
- Small sachet packed Haircare products including Shampoo and Hair Oil are extremely popular in India. Bag/Sachet accounted for majority of Haircare packs used in India in 2012, resulting in high demand for Flexible Packaging. They usually are fill and sealed packs without any closures or packaging outers.
Spanning Over 40 pages“Market Focus - Trends and Developments in the Haircare Sector in India” report Provide Country Context, Sector Analysis, Brands and Private Labels, Packaging Insight, Future outlook -key trends in Indian Haircare sector, Data Appendix and Summary Methodology. This Report Covered These Companies - Dove, L'Oréal, Godrej, HUL, Parachute, More, Shoppers Stop.
Know more about this report at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/canadean/market-focus-trends-and-developments-haircare-sector-india
Find other Hair Care Reports at : http://www.marketresearchreports.com/hair-care
Find other reports on India Market at : http://www.marketresearchreports.com/countries/india
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
For latest market research presentations visit: http://www.marketresearchdocs.com