Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “ICT budget and staffing trends in Energy - Enterprise ICT investment plans” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/02/2014 -- This report presents the findings from a survey of 128 energy companies regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) budgets and staff allocation. The survey investigates how energy companies currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of ICT spend, namely hardware, software, IT services, communications and consulting. Know more information visit: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/kable/ict-budget-and-staffing-trends-energy-enterprise-ict-investment-plans
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
In order to provide a depth of insight into ICT vendors' and service providers' potential customers.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
With the economy showing signs of recovery, energy companies are increasing their ICT investments in 2013. Hardware remains a key area of focus for enterprises in this sector, with energy companies increasing their budget allocations for data centres by X% in 2013 compared to 2012.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Energy companies' requirement for high-performance computing, which helps them decrease the time required to retrieve and analyse data, and generate forecasting models is influencing the demand for data centres.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
Global ICT Intelligence has invested significant resources in order to interview CIOs and IT managers about their IT Budgets. Very few IT analyst houses will have interviewed 120+ ICT decision makers in the energy industry in H2 2012.
Key Features and Benefits:
Understand how ICT budgets are set to change in 2013 in terms of their overall size.
Appreciate how budgets are allocated across the core elements of ICT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications and consulting.
Learn how ICT money is being spent in areas such as the data centre, applications, IT management and the network.
Establish how IT staff are typically allocated within energy companies.
Gain insight into with whom energy companies plan to spend their ICT money.
Key Market Issues:
- The global energy sector has been facing major challenges such as the decline in crude oil demand, price fluctuations, and delays in major energy investments owing to global economic uncertainties. The survey shows that in the current economic scenario, energy companies are planning to make reasonable investments in ICT to become more competitive.
- As reliable communications are a pre-requisite for efficient operations in the energy sector, it is becoming imperative for companies to develop robust communications infrastructures in order to improve productivity.
- Energy companies' require high-performance computing, which helps them decrease the time required to retrieve and analyse data, and generate forecasting models leading to intelligent business decisions. Consequently, these companies have increased their budget allocations for data centres by 2% in 2013 compared to 2012.
- The service support and help desk function is witnessing high average allocation of 28%, as energy companies are keen to respond quickly to conditions that disrupt business services, and also to improve incident and problem management processes.
- Energy companies are spending a major portion of their IT services budgets on application development and integration, which stems from the fact that companies are planning to develop custom applications to suit the changing requirements and regulations in the energy sector.
- Energy companies are spending heavily with technology (product) vendors, allocating an average of 18% of their total ICT budgets to such providers.
- The survey shows that energy companies' hardware budgets are dominated by spending on clients and networking and communications equipment, with average allocations of 18% and 16% being made to these categories respectively.
- The average allocation of software budgets amongst energy companies is mainly centred on software licenses driven by applications such as supply chain management (SCM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), content management, business analytics, and systems security software.
- Energy companies are allocating a large proportion of their telecommunications budgets to mobile voice, owing to the size of their mobile workforces.
- The survey illustrates that energy companies are allocating the highest proportion of their software budgets to enterprise applications in 2013.
Spanning over 33 pages, 10 Tables and 10 Figures, “ICT budget and staffing trends in Energy - Enterprise ICT investment plans” report covering the Trends in ICT budgets, Detailed ICT budget allocations, Summary and Appendix.
Find all Telecom Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/telecom
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
Follow us on LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/company/market-research-reports-inc-
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)