Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/01/2014 -- Governments and regulatory bodies across the world have enforced numerous measures to curb irresponsible lending practices by banks and other credit institutions. These bodies have also taken initiatives to create consumer awareness about prudent borrowing to avoid excess debt. Excessive fees and interest rates on loans, lack of disclosure of products’ terms and conditions, and deceptive debt-collection practices by banks and credit institutions contributed significantly to the financial crisis in the US and other developed economies in 2008–2009. The phenomenon of responsible lending has assumed increased urgency since the global financial crisis, and has become a priority for governments and other regulators in many countries which are increasingly concerned about the consequences of irresponsible practices in the financial sector, particularly in banking.
Know more about this report at: http://mrr.cm/ZUd
The US was the country most affected by the financial crisis, and was at the forefront of enforcing responsible lending practices in the banking industry to restore consumer confidence in, and stability to, the industry. In this regard, the government and regulators have implemented several regulations, including the Credit Card Act 2009, the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform (widely known as Dodd-Frank) and the Consumer Protection Act in 2010, as well as the Truth in Lending Act, 2010 Regulation Z for property loans. The European Banking Authority, along with a number of European economies such as the UK, Germany and Poland, have also enforced several regulations. Banks and credit institutions are now required to provide customers with understandable information about the risks and benefits of credit products so they can make informed decisions and protect themselves from illicit practices.
The report outlines the changing regulatory environment to practice fair and responsible lending in the retail banking industry:
- It provides a global snapshot of the lending dynamics across regions in the lending market.
- It provides insights into the key factors driving the stringent implementation of responsible lending and consumer protection regulations across various regions.
- It provides analytical insights into global lending markets analyzing their attractiveness and risks involved.
- It provides case examples highlighting the successful implementation of responsible lending practices in key markets.
- This report highlights the key regulations enforced by regulatory authorities across the world to curb the after-effects of the global financial crisis.
- The report gives an insight into high-growth lending markets where risk of arrears or default is low.
- The report also uses case studies to illustrate the successful implementation of responsible lending practices.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into different responsible lending practices adopted by banks and credit institutions across the world.
- Gain insights into factors driving the implementation of responsible lending regulations.
- Gain regional insights into the development of lending market after the enforcement of responsible lending regulations.
- The improper marketing and advertising of loans and other financial products encourage reckless borrowing by consumers. Low levels of consumer financial literacy have created an unclear lending situation between lender and borrowers.
- The non-availability of guidelines by monetary authorities can sometimes pose a challenge for banks, hindering the successful implementation of responsible lending. A lack of guidelines can lead banks and credit institutions to develop their own measures to comply with regulations.
- The growing middle classes in Latin America are driving demand for credit. The strict implementation of responsible lending regulations will decrease NPL rates over the forecast period (2013–2017).
- In South Africa, there is a varying pattern of highs and lows in the NPL ratio, suggesting unclear monetary regulation in the country. This is due to continued reckless lending practices by banks, and the unsuccessful implementation of the National Credit Act.
Know more about this report at: http://mrr.cm/ZUd
Spanning Over 41 pages, 2 Tables and 8 Figures “Insight Report: Responsible Lending - Changing Regulatory Environment and Industry Practices” report Provide Executive Summary, Responsible Lending Practices in Global Retail Banking, Regional Overview of Responsible Lending Regulation, Market Attractiveness and Opportunity Analysis, Responsible Lending Practices, Appendix. This Report Covered 5 Companies - Bank Negara Malaysia, JP Morgan , Sberbank of Russia, Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), Wells Fargo.
Find other Financial Services reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/financial-services
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
For Banking and Finance Reports : http://www.linkedin.com/company/banking-&-finance-reports