Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/11/2014 -- In terms of written premium, the life insurance segment accounted for the largest share of the Danish insurance industry during the review period. The Danish life segment registered significant review-period (2008–2012) growth at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7%, higher than that of the non-life segment, mainly supported by group superannuation and unit-linked products. Insurer’s market life insurance as savings products, and Danish consumers’ generally high propensity for risk led to life and group superannuation insurance companies launching more transparent, rather than traditional, products. The life segment grew at a CAGR of 3.7% during the review period. In the individual categories, key life products include individual life and unit-linked, whereas the group category covers group life and group superannuation insurance. Group superannuation products accounted for 84.2% of the segment in 2012, mainly due to the aging population of the country, and are expected to lead the life segment over the forecast period with a 84.8% share of the segment’s gross written premium in 2017.
The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Danish life insurance segment, including:
- The Danish life insurance segment’s growth prospects by life insurance categories
- Key trends and drivers for the life insurance segment
- The various distribution channels in the Danish life insurance segment
- The detailed competitive landscape in the life insurance segment in Denmark
- Detailed regulatory framework of the Danish insurance industry
- A description of the life reinsurance segment in Denmark
- Porter's Five Forces analysis of the life insurance segment
- A benchmarking section on the Danish life insurance segment in comparison with other countries in the Nordic Region
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Denmark:
- It provides historical values for the Danish life insurance segment for the report’s 2008–2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2017 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Danish life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Denmark.
- Using Porter’s industry-standard 'Five Forces' analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Denmark for the life insurance business.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Denmark and its growth prospects.
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in Denmark and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Danish life insurance segment and each category within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Danish life insurance segment
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Danish insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
- The Danish life insurance segment is mainly supported by group superannuation and unit-linked products
- Denmark’s rapidly growing aging population is expected to play a key role in the growth of life insurance
- The Danish life segment is regulated by the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority (DFSA), which also regulates the non-life and personal accident and health segments
- As of 2012, 34 companies were licensed to conduct life insurance business in the country, of which seven operated exclusively in pension insurance
- The Danish life segment is highly concentrated, and the 10 leading insurers accounted for 77.8% of the segment’s written premium in 2012
Spanning over 257 pages, 148 Tables and 183 Figures “Life Insurance in Denmark, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017” report provide Executive Summary, Nordic Region Market Dynamics, Life Insurance Segment – Regional Benchmarking, Danish Insurance Industry Attractiveness, Life Insurance Outlook, Analysis by Distribution Channel, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis – Danish Life Insurance, Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights, Business Environment and Country Risk, Appendix. This Report Cover 10 Companies - PFA Pension Forsikrings AS (PFA Pension), Danica Pension, NordeaLiv A/S, PensionDanmark A/S, Sampension KP Livsforsikring A/S, IndustriensPensionsforsikring A/S, AP Pension Livsforsikringsaktieselskab, Pen-Sam LivForsikringsaktieselskab SEB Pensionsforsikring A/S, Lærernes Pension.
Inquiry for more information visit: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/life-insurance-denmark-key-trends-and-opportunities-2017
Find All Insurance Industry Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/insurance
Find other reports on Denmark Market at : http://www.marketresearchreports.com/countries/denmark
Spanning over 284 pages, 178 Tables and 202 Figures “Non-Life Insurance in Denmark, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017” report provide Executive Summary, Nordic Region Market Dynamics, Non-Life Insurance Segment – Regional Benchmarking, Danish Insurance Industry Attractiveness, Non-Life Insurance Outlook, Analysis by Distribution Channels, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis – Danish Non-Life Insurance Market, Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights, Business Environment and Country Risk, Appendix. This Report Cover 10 Companies - Tryg Forsikring A/S, Codan Forsikring A/S, Topdanmark Forsikring A/S, Alm. Brand Forsikring A/S, LB Forsikring A/S, Danske Forsikring A/S, Forsikrings-Aktieselskabet Alka Liv II, Alpha Insurance A/S, GF-Forsikring A/S, Nykredit Forsikring A/S.. See more at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/non-life-insurance-denmark-key-trends-and-opportunities-2017
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MyMarketReports