Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/24/2014 -- The New Zealand life insurance segment grew during the review period, albeit at a moderate pace, at a review-period CAGR of 5.1%. This can be attributed to losses recorded due to a series of earthquakes caused in 2011. The life segment is expected to remain stable and register a CAGR of 6.6%, in gross written premium terms over the forecast period, supported by a recovery in economic conditions. High levels of underinsurance, coupled with an aging population are all expected to create demand for life insurance products over the forecast period. New Zealand's life insurance penetration stood at 0.7% of GDP in 2013, below the OECD average of 5%. The country has the fourth-lowest penetration rate of all 34 OECD countries with only Estonia, Turkey and Iceland having lower.
The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the New Zealand life insurance segment, including:
- The New Zealand life insurance segment’s growth prospects by life insurance categories
- Key trends and drivers for the life insurance segment
- The various distribution channels in the New Zealand life insurance segment
- The detailed competitive landscape in the life insurance segment in New Zealand
- Detailed regulatory policies of the New Zealand insurance industry
- A description of the life reinsurance segment in New Zealand
- Porter's Five Forces analysis of the life insurance segment
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in New Zealand:
- It provides historical values for the New Zealand life insurance segment for the report’s 2009–2013 review period and forecast figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the New Zealand life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in New Zealand.
- Using Porter’s industry-standard “Five Forces” analysis, it details the competitive landscape in New Zealand for the life insurance business.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in New Zealand and its growth prospects.
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in New Zealand and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the New Zealand life insurance segment and each category within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the New Zealand life insurance segment
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the New Zealand insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
- The New Zealand life segment’s gross written premium grew at a review-period CAGR of 5.1%.
- The number of insurance policies sold in the segment increased from 2.6 million in 2009 to 3.0 million in 2013, at a CAGR of 3.9% during the review period.
- High levels of underinsurance, coupled with an aging population are all expected to create demand for life insurance products over the forecast period.
- Agencies were the leading distribution channel for life insurance products during the review period, with a 36.5% share of the gross written generated by premium new business.
- The life insurance segment is highly concentrated, and the five leading companies accounted for 73.8% of the segment’s gross written premiums in 2013.
Spanning Over 285 pages, “Life Insurance in New Zealand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018” report covering the New Zealand Insurance Industry Attractiveness, Life Insurance Outlook, Analysis by Distribution Channel, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis – New Zealand Life Insurance, Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights, Business Environment and Country Risk, Appendix. The report covered companies are - Sovereign Assurance Company Ltd, AMP Financial Services Ltd, Fidelity Life Assurance Company Ltd, Asteron Life Ltd, OnePath (NZ) Ltd, Westpac New Zealand Ltd, AIA New Zealand, BNZ Life, Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Ltd, Partners Life Ltd
See Table of contents & Purchase this publication at: - http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/life-insurance-new-zealand-key-trends-and-opportunities-2018
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: