Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/01/2014 -- Novel Anabolic and Antiresorptive Therapies Will Control the Market by 2022
By the end of the 10-year forecast period, Publisher anticipate that the osteoporosis market will have undergone a fundamental shift in the types of drugs that are preferred by physicians. While the bisphosphonates will undoubtedly maintain a stronghold in the treatment paradigm, their status as the gold standard will be increasingly challenged by the novel anabolic and antiresorptive products entering the market. In terms of patient share trends, we expect that general practioners will be slow to abandon the bisphosphonates, which will become available generically during the first half of the forecast period. However, new market entrants will dominate the market in terms of sales figures.
Amgen and UCB‘s romosozumab is a first-in-class, antisclerostin mAb that holds tremendous promise as an efficacious alternative to marketed drugs. Even in the absence of late-stage trial results, key opinion leaders (KOLs) interviewed for this report believe that romosozumab is a promising prospect for the future treatment of osteoporosis. Romosozumab is projected to grow to around $905m in osteoporosis-specific sales over the forecast period, increasing at a CAGR of 17% globally.
Merck‘s odanacatib is a first-in-class, orally-administered inhibitor of cathepsin K, a lysosomal protease that has very strong collagenase activity. Based on clinical trials conducted to date, odanacatib will most likely be positioned as a first-line therapy for the treatment of osteoporosis among postmenopausal women. Odanacatib is projected to grow to around $678m in osteoporosis-specific sales over the forecast period, increasing at a CAGR of 17% globally.
BA-058 is a first-in-class, subcutaneously-administered anabolic human parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTHrP), similar to recombinant PTH therapies, such as Forteo. However, in clinical trials published to date, BA- 058 has shown better efficacy than Forteo, without the risk of osteosarcoma. BA-058 is projected to grow to around $720m in osteoporosis-specific sales over the forecast period, increasing at a CAGR of 21% globally.
Reasons to Buy
- Receive 40% discount until the 22nd August
- Key countries covered: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, India and China
- Overview of osteoporosis including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines
- Annualized osteoporosis therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data for 2012 and forecast to 2022
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the osteoporosis therapeutics market
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development, including anti-sclerostin antibodies, cathepsin K inhibitors, SERMs with conjugated estrogens, and human parathyroid hormone related protein
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global osteoporosis therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Spanning Over 250 pages, “PharmaPoint: Osteoporosis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022” report covering the Disease Overview, Epidemiology, Disease Management, Competitive Assessment, Opportunity and Unmet Need, Pipeline Assessment, Current and Future Players, Market Outlook, Appendix. The report covered 5 Companies - Amgen, Merck, Eli Lilly, Pfizer, Radius Health
See Table of contents & Purchase this publication at: - http://www.marketresearchreports.com/globaldata/pharmapoint-osteoporosis-global-drug-forecast-and-market-analysis-2022
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: