Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/27/2014 -- Vaccine Manufacturers Seek To Increase Vaccine Uptake By Developing Pediatric Combination Vaccines And Adult Adjuvanted Vaccines
Over the last two decades, the HBV vaccine market has largely been dominated by Big Pharma, with GSK, MERCK, AND SANOFI as the key players. While GSK and Merck were the first companies to introduce recombinant HBsAg containing vaccines in the 1980s, GSK has entrenched itself as the clear market leader, $1.1 Billion Global Sales By 2022
Accounting for over 75% of total market sales in 2012. Overall, Publisher expects these major players to maintain their control over the marketplace despite the entrance of a new player, DYNAVAX TECHNOLOGIES, during the forecast period.
Due to the HBV vaccine market's highly competitive nature, both current and future players are employing a variety of strategies to gain patient share in existing and emerging population segments. These corporate strategies include developing more immunogenic vaccines that are targeted at the adult population (Dynavax), the use of combination vaccines to protect infants against HBV (GSK, Merck, and Sanofi), and the development of more convenient HBV vaccine formulations (Merck and Sanofi). In addition to these approaches, Publisher believes that increasing HBV vaccine uptake and decreasing cost-effectiveness concerns will be issues that all companies must recognize and include in their corporate strategies.
Publisher estimates that, in 2012, the global HBV vaccine market generated over $950m in sales. This report projects the market to experience modest growth, achieving sales of over $1.1 billion by 2022, with a CAGR of 2.2% from 2012-2022.
Know more about this report at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/globaldata/pharmapoint-prophylactic-hepatitis-b-virus-vaccines-global-drug-forecast-and-market
Reasons to Buy
- Overview of HBV, including etiology, general symptoms from infection, and country-specific immunization recommendations and vaccination coverage data
- Annualized HBV vaccine market revenue, annual cost of vaccination and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast to 2022
- Strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases and emerging trends, specifically Dynavax Technologies' Heplisav and Sanofi Pasteur MSD's Hexyon
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global HBV vaccine market. Insightful review of the key industry and governmental drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Find all Pharma and Healthcare Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/pharma-healthcare
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MyMarketReports