Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Retail in Ukraine 2014: Market Analysis And Development Forecasts For 2014-2019” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/07/2014 -- The Ukrainian retail market is treated with caution by both retailers and investors. Many aspects, such as negative demographic trends, limited potential for growth of household income in the light of uncertain economic and political circumstances, as well as uncertain legal, regulatory and tax environment, have to be considered. At the same time, Ukraine has a large and relatively unsaturated market in terms of modern retail. This offers a potential for gain. Additionally, further steps towards the EU integration, if affirmed, would be a positive sign and would encourage international retailers.
This report focuses on the Ukrainian retail industry, providing data on market size and value of key retail segments – grocery, clothing and footwear, DIY, consumer electronics, and cosmetics and toiletries. It reviews economic and demographic data and relates it to retail market performance, and analyses the effects of trends on predicted market development.
Leading players on the Ukrainian retail market are profiled in this document, which discloses the financial data of each. Detailed forecasts are also a key feature of this valuable business resource.
The Report Covers:
- Ukrainian retail market value and structure
- Description and analysis of conditions and prospects in the grocery, clothing and footwear, DIY, consumer electronics, and cosmetics and toiletries segments of the market
- Operational details of the overall industry and its unique features
- News and analysis of industry events, including noteworthy mergers and acquisitions by leading companies
- Corporate intelligence on leading companies, featuring financials and strategies
- Ukraine’s economic and demographic status and the retail industry.
- History of the market as indicated by a pool of data collected over years of market observation
- Operations in key retail segments: grocery, clothing and footwear, DIY, consumer electronics, as well as cosmetics and toiletries
- The market as depicted by data collected from a wide range of sources
- Leading retailers, their sales revenues, plans and position in the market
- New retail companies entering the industry
- The status and development of Ukrainian e-commerce.
- In 2012, significantly more new brands appeared on the Ukrainian market than in 2011.
- The shopping centre construction activity in Ukraine is planned to accelerate significantly in the near future, after several years of modest progress, particularly outside Kyiv.
- The Ukrainian online sales market is at an early stage of development.
- While the premium supermarket segment is not new to Ukraine, a number of leading retailers also seem to be evaluating the potential for expanding into the premium food retail segment.
- The discounter segment in Ukraine continues to be controlled by domestic operators, and there are no foreign discounters present.
- In early 2013, one of the largest footwear retailers in the Central European region, Poland-based CCC, entered the Ukrainian market and opened two stores in Lviv and Ternopil.
- The recent economic downturn has prompted DIY operators in Ukraine to sell more domestically produced items (including private labels).
- Over the last few years, consumer electronics chains in Ukraine have been focusing on optimisation of operations and introduction of effective turnaround programmes in order to capitalise on the market’s revival.
- Foxtrot, Comfy and Eldorado (recently merged with Technopolis) remain the largest national consumer electronics chains in Ukraine.
- Over the last few years, cosmetics retailers in Ukraine have significantly increased their regional expansion, with a significant emphasis on large urban areas.
- It is noteworthy that as much as 30% of health and beauty products sold in Ukraine are estimated to be illegal copies of established brands. They are mostly sold at the open-air markets, however some can be found in the organised retail outlets as well.
- With the exception of 2010 and 2011, the number of stores has fallen over the last decade but the overall floor size has grown rapidly. This reflects a change on the Ukrainian retail market from a traditional format to a more modern one.
- Overall, the top 20 players accounted for 20.7% of the Ukrainian retail market in 2012. According to our estimates, in 2013 the share will increase to 22%, which is a sign of the retail market consolidation in the country.
- Chains and online stores continue to dominate the consumer electronics market in Ukraine, alongside fewer individual stores and traditional establishments, which face ever stronger competition of bigger players.
Key Question Answered:
- What is the value of the overall retail market in Ukraine? What are the market’s unique attributes?
- How much is each retail segment – grocery, clothing and footwear, DIY, consumer electronics, and cosmetics and toiletries – worth?
- What are the specific prospects for development offered by this market?
- How are the leading retailers in Ukraine taking advantage of market conditions when planning growth strategies?
- Who are the most notable international retailers in Ukraine?
- What roles do retail and macroeconomic trends play in market growth? How will conditions change in the coming years?
- Retailers active in or considering entering the Ukrainian retail market
- Investment consultants and banking professionals
- Researchers and business operations consultants
- Suppliers of IT and logistics solutions for retail companies
- Service support, display and promotional product providers
- Commerce and industry organisations that promote the Ukrainian retail industry.
Why to Buy This Report:
- Evaluating the scope of Ukrainian retail market opportunities and obstacles
- Considering market expansion and/or market entry
- Researching the competition in Ukrainian retail
- Conducting an assessment of market saturation at various locations across the country.
Spanning over 130 pages, “Retail in Ukraine 2014: Market Analysis And Development Forecasts For 2014-2019” report covering The Methodology, Executive summary, Key macroeconomic indicators, Retail market overview, Grocery retail market, Non-food retail market. The report covering 29 companies- Adidas, Amstor, ATB-market, Auchan Group, Avon, bonprix, Brocard, Comfy, EKO-market, Eldorado, Epicentr K, Eva, Evrotek, Foxtrot Group, Fozzy Group, Inditex Group, Karavan, Leroy Merlin, MD Group, Metro Group, MTI Group, Nova Linia, OBI, Oriflame, Praktiker, ProStor, Spar, Velyka Kyshenia, Watson Group, Yves Rocher.
Inquiry for more information visit: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/pmr-ltd/retail-ukraine-2014-market-analysis-and-development-forecasts-2014-2019
Find All Consumer and Retail Reports at : http://www.marketresearchreports.com/consumer-retail
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
Follow us on slideshare : http://www.slideshare.net/MarketResearchReports