Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/17/2014 -- While the spinal fusion market is expected to see growth over the forecast period, there are several barriers that are dampening the intervention's potential adoption levels. Most notably in the US, public payers are beginning to implement strict measures on reimbursement documentation in an effort to eliminate medically unnecessary procedures. For example, Medicare will now require spine surgeons to document prolonged periods of conservative treatment to alleviate the patient's symptoms prior to undergoing surgery.
Another market barrier is the emergence of a new class of medical device technologies that seek to capitalize on one of the persistent weaknesses of spinal fusions. Non-fusion technologies are designed to retain motion at the operated level and reduce stresses experienced by adjacent segments. This is meant to eliminate the progression of symptomatic adjacent segment disease, which still troubles spinal fusion's effectiveness to this day. However, despite these barriers the spinal fusion market will experience growth over the forecast.
One of primary drivers is the well-known phenomenon of nearly every global economy having a larger proportion of a country's age demographics shift toward the later years in life. This means that the potential patient population that could develop the conditions the procedure treats will increase. Another market driver is that minimally invasive techniques are being utilized during spinal fusion surgery to reduce the damage done to the patient while maintaining or improving surgeon visualization. Studies have found that these techniques result in faster return to work/play, better long-term patient function, and a decreased hospital stay. Minimally invasive techniques have appealed to spinal surgery candidates and have increased the patient population to include people that would have declined the operation given its invasiveness and risks.
Browse this newly published market intelligence report: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/globaldata/medipoint-spinal-fusion-global-analysis-and-market-forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- Analysis of the current and future competitor's spinal fusion devices revealing the trends in product design and identifying which technologies pose the largest threat.
- Provide region specific company market share for the current players in the spinal surgery market.
- Discussion of the reimbursement trends in each country and how they will change in the coming years, and how that will impact adoption patterns. This includes the recent changes to documentation requirements by US public payers for spinal fusion procedures.
- Clinical trial analysis of the most important investigations and how their results will impact the market. Additionally, we provide coverage of the key clinical trials to follow in 2014.
- Identification of the most important unmet needs and market opportunities that companies can capitalize upon in order to gain a competitive advantage.
- Analysis of the most significant market threats that current and future players must consider in order to continue participating or entering the spinal fusion market including non-fusion technologies.
- Direct quotes from Key Opinion Leaders who are the forefront adopters and investigators of these technologies including spinal and orthopedic surgeons.
- Coverage of the ten major markets, including the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Japan, Brazil, China and India. This includes procedure volumes and market valuations for each country from 2011-2020.
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For Pharma Reports updates join @ http://www.linkedin.com/company/pharmaceuticals