Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Travel and Tourism in Chile to 2017” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/10/2014 -- Inbound and domestic tourist volumes in Chile increased during the review period (2008–2012) at respective compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) of 2.73% and 7.16%, despite the slowdown in 2009. Growth is expected to continue over the forecast period (2013–2017), supported by the government’s promotional efforts, improving air connectivity and improving economic conditions.
The report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire Chilean travel and tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns in Chile for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as accommodation, sightseeing and entertainment, foodservice, transport, retail, travel intermediaries, and others
- Detailed market classification across each category, with analysis using similar metrics
- Detailed analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental and travel intermediaries industries.
For more information please visit: Travel and Tourism in Chile to 2017
This report provides an extensive analysis related to the tourism demands and flows in Chile:
- It details historical values for the Chilean tourism sector for 2008–2012, along with forecast figures for 2013–2017
- It provides comprehensive analysis of the travel and tourism demand factors with values for both the 2008–2012 review period and the 2013–2017 forecast period
- The report provides a detailed analysis and forecast of domestic, inbound and outbound tourist flows in Chile.
- It provides comprehensive analysis of the trends in airline, hotel, car rental and travel intermediaries industry with values for both the 2008–2012 review period and the 2013–2017 forecast period
Reasons To Buy
- Take strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Chilean travel and tourism sector.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the Chilean travel and tourism sector, along with key market trends and growth opportunities.
- A US$31 million loan aimed at improving the Chilean tourism sector’s competitiveness was approved by the Inter-American Development Bankin January 2010. The program’s focus areas include three regions: Norte Grande, the south, and the Patagonia/Tierra del Fuego region. Infrastructure improvements contained in the development program include highway improvements, the implementation of interpretive and scenic trails, visitor centers, shelters, campgrounds and marinas, as well as infrastructure and equipment for trekking, horse riding and cycling. The bank expects average tourist stays in Chile to increase from 0.56 days in 2010 to 3.66 days in 2021. Average daily spending is also expected to rise from US$53 in 2010 to US$190 by 2021.
- Chile is a popular wine tourism destination. According to the Colchagua Valley Wineries Association, which has 12 members, the number of visitors to the valley in 2012 reached 150,000; this was expected to increase by 10% in 2013 as projected by the association in May 2013. An average expenditure of US$250 by Chilean tourists and US$300 by foreign tourists was recorded in 2012. Growth in the region, which was badly affected by the February 2010 earthquake, has been fuelled by the collective efforts of the Colchagua Valley Wine Route, the Colchagua Valley Wineries Association, and the regional office of the National Tourism Service.
- Domestic tourism plays an important role in the country’s tourism sector, accounting for a higher share of total tourism arrivals and expenditure than inbound tourism. Recognizing its strength, the Chilean government has launched several promotions and campaigns in order to promote domestic tourism. SERNATUR’s tourism campaign, “Chile es Tuyo” (“Chile is Yours”), is designed to further increase domestic travel in the country, an area whose rapid growth is evidenced by the fact that domestic tourist flows increased by 19.2% in 2011. Costa Maulina was the most popular regional destination for domestic tourists, with the region reporting an average room occupancy rate of 80% during this period.
- The casino industry in Chile is emerging and provides the country with a major boost to inbound tourism, especially from key source countries in the Americas. In 2011, there were around 18 government-authorized casinos operating in Chile with an obligation to pay a 20% special tax on gross income. Antofagasta, San Antonio, Santa Cruz, Talcahuano, Valdivia, Osorno, and Punta Arenas are popular casino areas. In 2012, two new casinos opened in Coyhaique and Castro.
- Healthy growth in outbound tourism was driven by positive economic conditions. In 2011, the country’s unemployment rate reached 6.4%, the lowest level in six years, and GDP grew by 7.5%, providing people with more disposable income.
- The domestic market is dominated by LAN Airlines (LAN), which accounted for more than 70% of passengers carried in 2012. In order to expand its operations, LAN acquired Brazilian airline TAM in 2012. The merger, named LATAM, subsequently became the second-largest airline in the world in terms of revenue in 2012, with total revenue of US$9.72 billion. In order to meet the growing demand for air travel, the company added six Airbus 320s, four Boeing 767-300s, two Boeing 777-300ERs and two Boeing 787-800 passenger aircraft, and one Boeing 777 freighter to its fleet.
- As the economic hub of the country, Santiago has been targeted by many international brands such as Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, InterContinental Hotels Group and Hyatt Hotels to set up establishments and target international business travelers.
- In 2012, Arriendas, a peer-to-peer car rental website, was launched in Chile, allowing individual car owners in the country to rent their cars to tourists and other Chilean residents. As of August 2013, more than 200 private cars were registered with the company. From June 2013, the Chilean government, with the aim of promoting entrepreneurship, also allowed car owners to take out BCI Insurance when they registered on the website.
- The growing popularity of wine tourism in the country holds significant opportunities for travel intermediaries. According to the Colchagua Valley Wineries Association of Chile, approximately 150,000 tourists visited the Colchagua Valley in 2012. This number was expected to grow by 10% in 2013, according to the association’s estimates in May 2013. Travel management companies such as Southamericaski.com have included the Casablanca, Cachapoal, Colchagua, Aconcagua, Maule, and Curicó wine regions into its offerings, alongside multilingual guides and adequate transportation facilities.
Spanning over 113 pages, 109 tables and 60 figures, “Travel and Tourism in Chile to 2017” report covering Market Overview, Tourism Flows, Airlines, Hotels, Car Rental, Travel Intermediaries, Tourism Board Profile, Airport Profiles, Company Profiles – Airlines, Company Profiles – Hotels, Company Profiles – Car Rental, Company Profiles – Travel Intermediaries, Market Data Analysis. This report cover 20 companies - LATAM Airlines Group SA, Aerovías Dap, Aerocardal, PAL Airlines, Sky Airline SA, The Ritz-Carlton Chile, Grand Hyatt Santiago, W Hotels Chile, InterContinental Hotels Chile, Radisson Hotels Chile, Fantastic 4 Travel SRL, Cascada Expediciones, Amity Tours Chile, Protours Chile, VisitChile.com, Budget Rent a Car Chile, Europcar Chile, Hertz Car Rental Chile, Avis Rent a Car Chile, National Car Rental Chile.
Browse other Country Overview (Travel & Leisure) market research reports analysis and trends at : http://www.marketresearchreports.com/country-overview-travel-leisure
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
Follow us on slideshare : http://www.slideshare.net/MarketResearchReports