Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Travel and Tourism in Thailand to 2018” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/01/2014 -- The Thai travel and tourism sector posted growth during the review period (2009–2013), despite the global financial crisis. The growth can be attributed to the increasing number of tourists from emerging countries such as China, India and Russia; international tourists to the country reached 26.7 million in 2013. While forecast-period growth is expected to be undermined by political instability, the country’s tourism sector has generally been resilient to outbreaks of political unrest in the capital, Bangkok. Tourism flows to key beach destinations suffer only temporary downturns.
The report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire Thai travel and tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns in Thailand for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as accommodation, sightseeing and entertainment, foodservice, transport, retail, travel intermediaries and others
- Detailed market classification across each category, with analysis using similar metrics
- Detailed analysis of the airline, hotel, car rental and travel intermediaries industries
This report provides an extensive analysis related to tourism demand and flows in Thailand:
- It details historical values for the Thai tourism sector for 2009–2013, along with forecast figures for 2014–2018
- It provides comprehensive analysis of travel and tourism demand factors, with values for both the 2009–2013 review period and the 2014–2018 forecast period
- The report provides a detailed analysis and forecast of domestic, inbound and outbound tourist flows in Thailand.
- It provides comprehensive analysis of the trends in the airline, hotel, car rental and travel intermediaries industries, with values for both the 2009–2013 review period and the 2014–2018 forecast period.
Reasons To Buy
- Take strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Thai travel and tourism sector.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the Thai travel and tourism sector, along with key market trends and growth opportunities.
Find other reports on Thailand Market at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/countries/thailand
- Thailand’s tourism offerings include beaches, tropical islands, archaeological sites, diving sites and Buddhist temples. The country is home to five UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including Ban Chiang Archaeological Site and the Historic City of Ayutthaya. It caters to a range of tourists, from high-end luxury travelers to backpackers, and is widely regarded as a value-for-money destination.
- While political unrest has deterred international travelers in the past, particularly in late 2008 when anti-government protestors took over the Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, the country’s tourism sector did not suffer lasting damage. However, the emergence of further unrest at the end of 2013, if prolonged, is expected to damage Thailand’s image as a safe tourist destination. A quick solution to the country’s political troubles is not expected and military intervention is a possibility.
- Domestic tourism is encouraged by Thai government offices and large companies offering domestic trips as part of their incentive programs, and holding business meetings and training sessions within the country itself. A number of annual travel trade shows are organized in the country, providing small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with opportunities to expand.
- In order to promote Thailand in foreign countries effectively, the TAT launched marketing and promotional campaigns, hosted tourism exhibitions, advertised new tourism activities and ran roadshows. It also introduced customized tourism packages such as medical tourism, and honeymoon and scuba diving packages. The organization uses the slogan ‘Amazing Thailand’ for international promotion.
- The development of Thailand’s aviation market has been driven by the expansion of LCCs, such as AirAsia, Nok Air and Orient Thai, over the past decade. Foreign carriers have a significant market presence and a strong connection to the Thai market through code-sharing agreements with domestic carriers. Thai Airways, the national flag carrier of Thailand, operates two low-cost subsidies: Nok Air, and Thai Smile.
- Room occupancy rates in Thailand declined from 64.3% in 2008 to 56.3% in 2009. However, growth has been recorded since the financial crisis, with occupancy rates posting a review-period CAGR of 5.49%, reaching 69.8% in 2013. Overall growth is anticipated over the forecast period. However, due to political unrest in Bangkok, the Thai Hotels Association expects the occupancy rate in the city to decline in the first quarter of 2014 to between 70% and 75%.
- International customers account for a large share of car rental transactions in the country, while domestic customers, who generally use public transport, account for a smaller share. Thai car rental customers are price-sensitive and brand loyalty is reasonably low.
- The travel intermediaries industry value increased from THB313.2 billion (US$9.1 billion) in 2009 to THB439.0 billion (US$14.3 billion) in 2013, at a review-period CAGR of 8.81%. Traditional travel agencies accounted for 70.4% of sales in 2013. However, tourists are shifting from traditional methods of booking and planning trips to contemporary methods such as online booking. Online channels’ market value increased at a review-period CAGR of 16.17%, compared to 6.32% CAGR for in-store travel intermediaries.
Spanning Over 138 pages, 126 Tables and 76 Figures “Travel and Tourism in Thailand to 2018” report Provide Executive Summary, Travel and Tourism Sector In Context, Country Fact Sheet, Tourism Flows, Airlines, Hotels, Car Rental, Travel Intermediaries, Tourism Board Profile, Airport Profiles, Company Profiles – Airlines, Company Profiles – Hotels, Company Profiles – Car Rental, Company Profiles – Travel Intermediaries, Market Data Anlaysis, Appendix. This Report Covered These Companies - Thai Airways International Public Company Limited, Thai AirAsia Co., Ltd., Nok Airlines Public Company Limited., Bangkok Airways Co., Ltd., Cathay Pacific Airways Thailand, Accor Hotels Thailand, Centara Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels and Resorts Thailand, Marriott Hotels Thailand, SERENATA Hotels & Resorts Group, AVIS Rent A Car Thailand, Budget Car and Truck Rental of Thailand, Hertz Thailand, Thai Rent A Car (1978) Co., Ltd.
Know more about this report at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/travel-and-tourism-thailand-2018
Find other Tourism and Travel Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/tourism-travel
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
Follow us on YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/user/MarketResearchReport