Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "Smoking Tobacco in South Africa", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/10/2014 -- While pipe tobacco is traditionally used by older Afrikaans and black South Africans, RYO tobacco is used primarily by younger South Africans in lower-income groups. It is used by those who wish to save money by rolling their own cigarettes as well as by those who use it to mix with cannabis/marijuana.
Philip Morris South Africa (Pty) Ltd led smoking tobacco in 2013 with a volume share of 35%. The leading four brands in smoking tobacco, all of which are offered by Brasant Enterprises, were Best Blend, Boxer, Borkum Riff and Dingler's Nineteen O' Four, which together accounted for a share of 24%. Rum & Maple Tobacco Corp SA (Pty) Ltd ranked second with a 3% share, largely thanks to its Rum & Maple brand.
On the whole, pipe tobacco is predicted a value CAGR of 1% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period. RYO tobacco is set to achieve steady growth, albeit from a low base. In 2013, it accounted for just a 1% share of overall smoking tobacco volume sales in South Africa.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in South Africa with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in South Africa, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Smoking Tobacco in South Africa market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in South Africa?
- What are the major brands in South Africa?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Tobacco in South Africa
- Tobacco Packaging in South Africa
- Cigarettes in South Africa
- Smokeless Tobacco in South Africa
- Tobacco in South Africa
- Cigars in South Africa
- British American Tobacco (South Africa) Ltd in Tobacco (South Africa)
- Philip Morris South Africa (Pty) Ltd in Tobacco (South Africa)
- JT International South Africa (Pty) Ltd in Tobacco (South Africa)
- Furniture Market in South Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts