5 Keys to a Successful eBook Marketing Strategy
Amsterdam, North Holland -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/18/2014 -- Defining clearer marketing budgets, investing in professional covers and reviews, and measuring the effectiveness of your promotional blogs are a few of the most important ingredients in improving the marketing and sales of eBooks, according to KindleBookReview, which this week released the results of its 2013 sponsored survey report conducted by Sellbox.
Based on a survey of over 300 independent authors, the report identifies trends and best practices around planning, executing and measuring a successful promotion of an eBook. Among its key findings:
- Nearly half of the self-publishers surveyed report hiring a professional editor (46%), whereas only a minority hire professionals to market their books.
- Most indie authors do not have a clear idea on the best ways to promote their book. 42% of authors invest absolutely nothing in a book cover; 11% invest in getting professional or paid reviews; and 66% of authors do not pay for advertising during Free Book Promotion days on Amazon.
- Blogs and Facebook dominate the way indie authors promote their books, yet few know how to measure their effectiveness.
- Amazon continues to dominate self-publishing accounting for 85% of all survey respondent eBook sales. With print books, the survey found 48% of indie authors use Amazon’s CreateSpace to produce print-on-demand books. The second place finisher was the traditional printer (21%) followed closely by Lightning Source with 15% market share.
While eBook publishing remains in its infancy, surveys such as this one provide valuable insights into the current practices of independent authors. Only through learning from the experiences of others can today’s self-publishing author advance in this evolving and competitive marketplace.
- For a free copy of the survey, please view: Self-Publishing Survey
- Best Practices :5 key steps to improve your ebook marketing strategy
KindleBookReview enables authors to boost sales and improve their visibility in the market by providing book reviews. Our creative input gathering and scheduling service to respective buyers, combined with a strong North American and global crowdsourced workforce is breaking down the traditional barriers of cost, volume, and reach in seeking book reviews. For more information, visit www.kindlebookreview.net
Founded in 2002, Sellbox specializes in helping publishers, businesses and organizations develop and market their content in eBook and print-on-demand formats. Sellbox provides eBook strategy consulting, conversion services, CreateSpace POD publishing support and eBook marketing services including distribution to the largest eBookstores. For more information, visit www.sellbox.com
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)