Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “The HetNet Bible (Small Cells, Carrier WiFi, DAS & C-RAN): 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, & Forecasts” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/03/2014 -- Driven by in-building wireless coverage requirements and the growing influx of mobile broadband data traffic, a traditional macrocell based cellular network deployment is not deemed to be a sufficient solution to address the coverage and capacity needs of today’s wireless subscribers.
Wireless carriers are thus exploring options to offload additional coverage and capacity to alternatives such as strategically deployed small cells and WiFi access points, which have so far been deployed by more than 200 global wireless carriers. Adding further to the heterogeneity are alternative deployment models such as DAS (Distributed Antenna Systems) and the emerging C-RAN (Cloud Radio Access Networks) architecture which concentrates the processing of the RAN segment of a mobile network in one or more, centralized data centers.
Driven by the thriving ecosystem, we expect small cells, carrier WiFi, DAS and C-RAN networks to account for over 50% of all mobile data traffic by the end of 2015, while overall spending on HetNet infrastructure is expected to reach $20 Billion annually during the same period.
This report presents an in-depth assessment of the global small cells, carrier WiFi, DAS and C-RAN markets. In addition to covering the technology, business case, the challenges, standardization initiatives, the industry’s roadmap, value chain analysis, deployment case studies, vendor service/product strategies and strategic recommendations, the report also presents comprehensive forecasts for the market from 2014 till 2020, including individual revenue and shipment projections of small cells, carrier WiFi, small cell backhaul, SCaaS (Small Cells as a Service), DAS, C-RAN, SON (Self-Organizing Network) and mobile data services across six geographical regions.
Also provided are historical figures for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet covering quantitative data from all numeric figures presented in the report.
Market analysis and forecasts for the industry’s revenue, including the following submarkets:
- Small Cells
- Carrier WiFi
- SCaaS (Small Cells as a Service)
- DAS (Distributed Antenna Systems)
- C-RAN (Cloud Radio Access Networks)
- SON (Self-Organizing Network) Solutions
- Enterprise RAN
- Small Cell Backhaul
- Mobile Fronthaul
- Mobile Network Data Service
Small cell forecasts (unit shipments, revenue, installed base) are categorized in the following categories:
- LTE FDD
- Deployment Model
- Cell Size
Carrier WiFi forecasts (unit shipments, revenue, installed base) are categorized in the following categories:
- Access Points
- Access Point Controllers
- Managed WiFi Offload
- Unmanaged ‘Open Access’ WiFi
Small cell backhaul forecasts (revenue) are categorized in the following technology categories:
- Ethernet over Copper
- Ethernet over Fiber
- DSL modems and DSLAMs
- NLOS (Non Line of Sight) Microwave (Sub-6GHz spectrum)
- PTP (Point to Point) Microwave (6-60GHz)
- PTMP (Point to Multipoint) Microwave (6-60GHz)
- Millimeter Wave (Unlicensed 60GHz spectrum)
- Millimeter Wave (Licensed 60GHz spectrum)
Mobile network data service forecasts (throughput and revenue) are categorized in the following access network technology categories:
- Macrocell & C-RAN Networks
- Small Cells
- Carrier WiFi
Regional forecasts are categorized in the following 6 categories:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin & Central America
The report has the following key findings:
- Small cells, carrier WiFi, DAS and C-RAN infrastructure investments will account for a $20 Billion HetNet ecosystem by 2020
- HetNet infrastructure is expected to carry more than 70% of all mobile network data traffic by 2020, which will account for $380 Billion in mobile data service revenue
- At present, the HetNet value chain is highly fragmented with pure-play specialists and incumbent macrocell vendors battling to gain a higher share of the market
- SNS Research expects the value chain to consolidate over the coming years following a string of acquisitions by industry giants such as Intel, Ericsson, Cisco and Nokia
- Eyeing the momentum behind small cell and C-RAN deployments, several DAS vendors, such as BTI Wireless and Kathrein-Werke KG, have developed small cell and C-RAN offerings
- Small cell vendors such as Airvana are also adopting C-RAN centric architectures
- Enterprise RAN investments based on combination of small cells and coordination platforms are expected to reach $5 Billion by the end of 2020
- While it is a preferred opinion among wireless carriers, aggregating outdoor small cell backhaul with macrocell infrastructure may prove to be a well challenging task. Consequently the demand for small cell backhauling has opened a new opportunity for investment, which will be a market worth nearly $6 Billion by 2020
- Spending on mobile fronthaul solutions will grow at a CAGR of nearly 40% between 2014 and 2020. By the end of 2020, mobile fronthaul investments will account for nearly $2.6 Billion in revenue
Spanning over 551 pages, “The HetNet Bible (Small Cells, Carrier WiFi, DAS & C-RAN): 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, & Forecasts” report covering the An Overview of Small Cells, Carrier WiFi, DAS & C-RAN 5, Integration & Offloading Technology, Industry Roadmap and Value Chain, HetNet Deployment Models, Vertical Markets for HetNets, Small Cell Backhaul, Standardization & Regulatory Initiatives, HetNet Deployments, Pure-Play Small Cell Vendors, DAS, RRH & Repeater Solution Providers, Carrier WiFi Focused Vendors, C-RAN Focused Solution Providers, HetNet Focused SON Solution Providers, Macrocell RAN & Mobile Core Infrastructure Vendors, Chipset, Component, Software and Technology Vendors, Test & Measurement Solution Providers, WiFi Network Providers, Backhaul & Fronthaul Solution Providers, Market Analysis and Forecasts, Conclusion and Strategic Recommendations. The report covered few companies are - 3GPP, 3Roam, 4ipnet, 4RF, 6WIND, ABB, Ablaze, Ablaze Wireless, Accedian Networks, Accel Partners, Accelleran, Accuris Networks, AceAxis, Acer, Acme Packet, ACS (Applied Communication Sciences), Actelis Networks, Actiontec
For more information visit at – http://www.marketresearchreports.com/signals-and-systems-telecom/hetnet-bible-small-cells-carrier-wifi-das-c-ran-2014-2020-opportunities
Find all Telecom Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/telecom
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: