Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “OpportunityAnalyzer: Pancreatic Cancer - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/02/2014 -- New Drug Launches Will Drive Rapid Growth in the US and EU Pancreatic Cancer Market from 2012-2017
Publisher estimates that the value of the pancreatic cancer market in the US and 5EU (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK) in 2012 was $529m. By 2017, the end of the forecast period, research projects pancreatic cancer sales to rise to $1.63 billion in the US and 5EU, at a high Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 25.2%. Research expects the proportion of sales from the US to increase to 72%, with market share in the 5EU decreasing to 28% by 2017. The overall rapid increase in the market size across the 6MM is attributed to the launch of Celgene's Abraxane in 2013 in the US and 2014 in Europe, and the incorporation of five pipeline agents into US clinical practice by the end of the forecast period.
Major drivers of the pancreatic cancer market in the US and 5EU during the forecast period include the following:
- The greatest driver of the pancreatic cancer market across the 6MM will be the strong and rapid adoption of premium-priced Abraxane in place of generic chemotherapy regimens, such as FOLFIRINOX (5-flourouracil [5-FU]/leucovorin/irinotecan/oxaliplatin) and gemcitabine monotherapy. GlobalData forecasts particularly strong growth in the US, the largest market for pancreatic cancer therapeutics, and the market where Abraxane is priced the highest.
- Of the five new pipeline agents that will be launched during the forecast period, NewLink Genetics Corporation's algenpantucel-L is expected to garner the highest sales, and is expected to launch in both the resectable and unresectable locally-advanced settings. Other drugs with significant forecast sales by 2017 include Threshold Pharmaceuticals/Merck's TH-302, and Merrimack Pharmaceuticals' MM-398.
- The incidence of pancreatic cancer is increasing across the 6MM, resulting in further treatment opportunities for premium-priced therapeutics.
Reasons to Buy
- Overview of pancreatic cancer, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, prognosis, and clinical staging.
- Topline pancreatic cancer therapeutics market revenue from 2012-2017. Annual cost of therapy, and major marketed and pipeline drug sales in this forecast period are included.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, R&D strategies, and clinical trial design for the pancreatic cancer therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs. An interactive clinical and commercial analyzer tool is available.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the 6MM pancreatic cancer therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Spanning over 179 pages, “OpportunityAnalyzer: Pancreatic Cancer - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017” report covering the Introduction, Disease Overview, Epidemiology, Current Treatment Options, Unmet Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis, Research and Development Strategies, Pipeline Assessment, Pipeline Valuation Analysis, Appendix.
Know more about this report at – http://www.marketresearchreports.com/globaldata/opportunityanalyzer-pancreatic-cancer-opportunity-analysis-and-forecasts-2017
To browse more Diagnostics Reports visit: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/diagnostics
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: