Market Research Reports, Inc. has announced the addition of “Reinsurance in South Korea, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017” research report to their offering.
Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/20/2013 -- Reinsurance in South Korea is treated as a category of non-life insurance, and the regulatory structure that applies to non-life insurance also applies to reinsurance. The written premium of the South Korean reinsurance segment grew from KRW5.6 trillion (US$5.1 billion) in 2008 to KRW7.7 trillion (US$6.8 billion) in 2012, at a review-period CAGR of 8.2%. The absence of large natural disasters in South Korea meant that the country’s insurance industry did not record any major losses during the review period. This encouraged the country’s direct insurers to retain the majority of their written premium, which resulted in intense competition in the reinsurance segment. The South Korean reinsurance segment did not, therefore, register strong growth in premium rates, especially in comparison to other developed countries such as Japan and the US.
The report provides in depth market analysis, information and insights into the South Korean reinsurance segment, including:
- The South Korean reinsurance segment's growth prospects by reinsurance categories
- Key trends and drivers for the reinsurance segment
- The South Korean reinsurance segment’s growth prospects by reinsurance ceded from direct insurance segments
- The competitive landscape in the South Korean reinsurance segment
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in South Korea:
- It provides historical values for South Korea’s reinsurance segment for the report’s 2008–2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2017 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in South Korea’s reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in South Korea and its growth prospects
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the South Korean reinsurance segment and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the South Korean reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the South Korean insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
- Reinsurance in South Korea is treated as a category of non-life insurance, and the regulatory structure that applies to non-life insurance also applies to reinsurance
- Growth in reinsurance will be driven by the financial resources and technical skills offered by foreign reinsurers, such as developing products and offering experience in pricing and marketing
- The South Korean insurance regulator introduced a new risk-based capital (RBC) regime in April 2011, which replaced the old solvency model based on the EU’s solvency I regime
- Treaty reinsurance accounted for an 85.7% share of the South Korean reinsurance segment in 2012.
Spanning over 90 pages, 27 tables and 57 figures, “Reinsurance in South Korea, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017” report provides information on market overview, drivers and challenge, competition and key trends.
In addition to covering The South Korean Insurance Industry Attractiveness, Key Industry Trends and Drivers, Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights, Business Environment and Country Risk, Appendix. The report cover 3 companies Korean Reinsurance Company, Munich Reinsurance Company, Swiss Reinsurance Company. For more information visit: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/reinsurance-south-korea-key-trends-and-opportunities-2017
Find all Banking and Finance reports under a single page.
Find all Insurance reports under a single page at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/insurance
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.