Mississauga, Ontario -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/02/2011 -- Providing customers with information on availability and scheduling is a central function in equipment rental business. It is equally critical to manage the utilization of a rental fleet to maintain profitability. Equip-Soft’s rental functionality helps manage equipment rental operations more effectively.
The technology features needed for equipment rental companies include:
- Check equipment availability status online in real time
- Short and long-term rental contract management
- Integration of fixed assets, service, parts, logistics, finance, equipment inventory and CRM
- Utilization and profitability reporting
- Equipment exchange
- Rental discounting by customer, customer groups, equipment, equipment category.
- Rental pricing by customer, customer groups, equipment, equipment category.
- Default rental charges
- Quote management (win/loss tracking)
- Quick and easy contract creation
- Rental asset utilization management (with discount control, i.e. high utilization = no discounts)
- Centralized or distributed rental management, multi-branch rental management
- Insurance certificate checking
- Rental purchase transaction
- Short-term leasing
- Asset management including depreciation, salvage value and net book value tracking
- Multiple depreciation methods, including depreciation by hours used
- Customer charge exceptions
- Demo rentals
Equip-Soft (http://www.equip-soft.com) helps equipment distributors manage growth and improve efficiencies through its rentals, service, sales, parts, and fleet management software. Equip-Soft aligns the best technology with the best business processes. From fleets to forklifts and trucks to power generators, Equip-Soft’s Dealer Management Systems (DMS) allow companies to lower the price point, integrate accounting with core fundamentals, achieve cost-savings, while permitting scalability for future growth.
According to Grant Skinner, Vice-President of Equip-Soft, “Customer demand requires that cost controls are implemented to strip away excess cost out of the supply chain. Whether triggered by an acquisition or the failure of legacy systems, equipment distributors recognize that service contracts are an important element of their margins and profitability.” Equipment distributors with a sales force, field technicians, providing supplies parts and short-term rentals, require better ways to monitor, manage, and maintain data. Continuous improvement is a central principle with Equip-Soft; customers gain access to a product roadmap and upgrade path that allows them to find and make improvements in their businesses long after the initial implementation. Partnering with Microsoft Dynamics means that all the benefits of working with an Industry specific software provider, with the backing of the largest provider of business software in the world.