Sydney, NSW -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/20/2012 -- Saviom has released the latest version (Version 6.0) of its software providing a powerful yet configurable tool that can guide you out of your staff planning and scheduling nightmares. Helping in utilizing and maximising either your human or non-human resources, this state of the art software proves to be a vital component for maximising resource productivity in the 21st century.
If you spend a lot of time speaking to resource and project managers, you will notice that they often complain about how much of their time is taken up finding available staff and booking them. They will spend time going back and forth, through their excel sheets, and liaising with other managers and staff, trying to figure out who is available, when they’re available and whether they fit all the working criteria.
Furthermore, if a staff member decides to take some time off, or falls sick half way through a work assignment, then the resource manager will have to spend time again trying to find another staff member who fits the criteria and availability.
Despite all this, it is surprising to see how dependent companies still are on excel spreadsheets, word documents and emails to do such work.
In a world where efficiency is one of the top priorities of an organisation, using resource planning software is a must. One such software is SAVIOM Resource Management Software Version 6.0.
Saviom is an intelligent program that enables the user to easily schedule their human and non-human resources, and also allows for a powerful analysis of all the companies resources through a few clicks of the button.
Thus something that is important for all managers who need to book staff on projects and tasks is using a dynamic yet easy to use booking chart. This can be found in Saviom resource management software. Some basic functionalities are:
- A list of all the resources with their bookings and utilisation clearly visible.
- Bookings specified with a project profile, work dates, managers on the job and location of the job.
- Booking and approval mechanisms through relevant authorisation processes.
- Search and booking mechanisms that allows managers to easily search the right employee for the job and book them instantly.
Nevertheless, are basic functionalities enough? In this day and age – definitely not. Software has become very sophisticated, and can provide functions that make an application a lot more intuitive and simpler to use. Hence some other functionalities that are a part of Saviom resource management software within booking applications are:
- An interactive drag and drop functionality for booking individuals onto projects – instead of having to key in dates and manually fill in calendars for a job
- Bookings are colour coded based on jobs or type of jobs.
- Size of the booking is visible, with the height of the booking representing the utilisation, and the length of the booking reflecting the duration.
- Bookings are easily modifiable – so that bookings can be extended, contracted, transferred or split simply by dragging the bar displaying the booking.
- The ability to attach files to bookings to provide workers with other relevant information for the job.
Booking staff on projects isn’t the most fun job in the world and can become quite painstaking and tedious. Hence to reduce the stress and monotony of your resource manager and to enhance the efficiency by reducing the time wasted on making the correct bookings, Saviom resource management software is a worthwhile investment. Especially if your company has over fifty staff, be it within your locality or worldwide, using effective booking charts and Saviom resource management software makes a lot of sense.
Finally Saviom software can be accessed by all the managers and staff, so that managers can share their staff and staff can access their bookings. This avoids everyone having to send one another a plethora of emails, and spending time in confusion or uncertainty on what is happening with their work bookings.
SAVIOM Resource Management Software is great for dynamic yet functional booking capabilities. It has visually stimulating screens and powerful drag and drop functionalities that makes staff bookings an easy and enjoyable task.
SAVIOM is market leader in Resource Management Software. This software is quite affordable and easy to use.
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)