GlobalData’s report, “Acne - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016” is an essential source of information and analysis on the global acne market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global acne market. The report also provides insight into the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the positioning of the existing market leaders.
Dallas, TX -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/21/2010 -- ReportsandReports Announce it Will Carry Acne - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016 Market Research Report in its Store.
Browse the complete Report on: http://www.reportsandreports.com/market-reports/acne-drug-pipeline-analysis-and-market-forecasts-to-2016/
GlobalData’s report, “Acne - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016” is an essential source of information and analysis on the global acne market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global acne market. The report also provides insight into the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight into the pipeline products within the global acne sector. GlobalData’s research suggests that the global acne market was worth $2.8 billion in 2009. The moderate increase in revenues in the future is attributed to the overcrowding of the market with generics and the increased acceptance of alternative therapies such as photodynamic therapy and UV/blue light therapy. The current market has several products which act on acne by targeting different etiologic factors involved in the development of acne. Solodyn currently rules the acne market, followed by Doryx. The acne therapeutics market is witnessing a shift towards products which are a combination of two or more effective acne treatments. The currently marketed combination products such as Duac and Ziana are forecast to steadily increase their revenues.
The scope of the report includes:
• Annualized global acne market revenue data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for seven years to 2016.
• Geographies covered in this report are the US, the UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, France and Japan.
• Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases of development by mechanism of action and emerging trends. The key classes of mechanism of action include antimicrobials, combination therapies, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, enzyme inhibitors, androgen antagonists, oxidizing agents and comedolytic agents.
• Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global acne market. The key market players covered are Steifel laboratories, Allergan, Galderma, & and Cosmo Pharmaceuticals.
• Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
• Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and implications for the future acne market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
• Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
• Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global acne market.
• Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global acne market
• Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
• Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
• Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
• What’s the next big thing in the global acne market landscape? – Identify, understand and capitalize.
1 Table of contents 3
1.1 List of Tables 5
1.2 List of Figures 5
2 Acne Market: Market Characterization 6
2.1 Disease Overview 6
2.2 Clinical Symptoms and Diagnosis 6
2.3 Treatment 6
2.3.1 Treatment Options for Acne 6
2.4 Prevention 7
2.5 Acne Market Overview 7
2.6 Acne Therapeutics Market Size 8
2.7 Acne Market Forecast and CAGR 9
2.8 Drivers and Barriers for the Acne Therapeutics Market 10
2.8.1 Drivers for the Acne Therapeutics Market 10
2.8.2 Barriers for the Acne Therapeutics Market 11
2.9 Opportunity and Unmet Need 11
2.10 Key Takeaway 12
3 Acne Market: Competitive Assessment 13
3.1 Overview 13
3.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 13
3.3 Product Profile for the Major Marketed Products in Acne Market 14
3.3.1 Solodyn (Minocycline hydrochloride) 14
3.3.2 Doryx ((Doxycyclin hyclate)Vibra-Tabs, Vibramycin) 15
3.3.3 Epiduo (Benzoyl peroxide 2.5% and Adapalene 0.1%) 16
3.3.4 Duac (clindamycin phosphate 1% and benzoyl peroxide 5%) 18
3.3.5 Tazorac (Tazarotene, Avage) 19
3.3.6 Ziana (Clindamycin phosphate 1.2% and Tretinoin 0.025%) 19
3.3.7 Differin (Adapalene) 21
3.4 Key Takeaway 23
4 Acne Market: Pipeline Assessment 24
4.1 Overview 24
4.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 24
4.2.1 Technology Trends Analytic Framework 24
4.3 Acne Therapeutics – Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 26
4.4 Molecule Profile for Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 26
4.4.1 CB-03-01 (cortexolone 17a-proprionate) 26
4.4.2 Dapsone Gel 5% in combination with adapalene gel 0.1% / benzoyl peroxide 4% gel 27
4.4.3 Veltin 28
4.5 Acne Market – Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action 29
4.6 Acne – Pipeline by Clinical Phases of Development 29
4.6.1 Acne Therapeutics – Phase III Clinical Pipeline 30
4.6.2 Acne Therapeutics – Phase II Clinical Pipeline 30
4.6.3 Acne Therapeutics – Phase I Pipeline 31
4.6.4 Acne Therapeutics – Preclinical Pipeline 31
4.6.5 Acne Therapeutics – Discovery Pipeline 31
4.7 Discontinued Drugs for Acne 32
4.8 Key Takeaway 32
5 Acne Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 33
6 Acne Disease Market: Future Players in the Acne Market 35
6.1 Introduction 35
6.2 Cosmo Pharmaceuticals 35
6.2.1 Company Overview 35
6.2.2 Acne Disease Portfolio 36
6.2.3 Acne Product Portfolio 36
6.3 Stiefel, a GSK company 37
6.3.1 Company Overview 37
6.3.2 Acne Portfolio 38
6.3.3 Acne Product Portfolio 38
6.4 Galderma S.A. 38
6.4.1 Company Overview 38
6.4.2 Acne Portfolio 39
6.5 Allergan Inc (Allergan) 39
6.5.1 Company Overview 39
6.5.2 Acne Portfolio 41
6.5.3 Acne Product Portfolio 41
7 Acne Market: Appendix 43
7.1 Market Definitions 43
7.2 Research Methodology 43
7.2.1 Coverage 44
7.2.2 Secondary Research 44
7.2.3 Forecasting 45
7.2.4 Primary Research 48
7.2.5 Expert Panels 48
7.3 Contact Us 48
7.4 Disclaimer 48
7.5 Sources 49
Anemia - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016
Dermatology Acne Therapy Area Pipeline Report
Herpes Simplex - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016
ReportsandReports comprises an online library of 10,000 reports, in-depth market research studies of over 5000 micro markets, and 25 industry specific websites. Our client list boasts almost all well-known publishers of such reports across the globe. We as a third-party reseller of market research reports employ a number of marketing tools, such as press releases, email-marketing and effective search-engine optimization techniques to drive revenues for our clients. We also provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)