Scale-up of a crystalliza¬tion process is complicated and companies are under pressure to develop scalable crystallization processes faster, at lower costs and with higher quality.
Greifensee, Zurich -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/24/2010 -- METTLER TOLEDO recently released a NEW whitepaper A Guide to Scale-up of Batch Crystallization from Lab to Plant.
The “Guide to Scale-up of Batch Crystallization” paper features case studies examining the use of Process Analytical Technology for real-time monitoring of crystallization. The paper focuses on the optimization of crystallization performance, tracking critical process parameters and designing robust, scalable processes. It reviews the use of Process Analytical Technology for:
• Providing process knowledge that enables real improvements in yield, throughput and profitability of production scale crystallization
• Eliminating downstream bottlenecks by improving filtration/dryer performance
• Accelerating the charac¬terization of critical operating param¬eters for increased productivity
• Enabling the design of more robust processes to assure batch to batch repeatability and consistent meeting of crystal specifications
• Identifying undesired events in real time to help ensure product quality
To truly optimize and control crystallization scale-up, information rich in situ particle measurement technology is available. METTLER TOLEDO FBRM® (Focused Beam Reflectance Measurement) and PVM® (Particle Vision Microscope) are two leading-edge technologies which provide the ability to measure particle dimension, shape, and number while measuring inline with no sampling necessary. In situ particle measurement tools allow scientists and engineers to optimize, troubleshoot, and control process performance while scaling-up from the laboratory or manufacturing environment.
To learn more about the use of Process Analytical Technology for real-time monitoring of crystallization, download the free whitepaper at http://us.mt.com/us/en/home/supportive_content/specials.crystals.oneColEd.html
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)