Phuket, Thailand -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/14/2011 -- Registration for The Bay Regatta 2011 got underway today just off the East Coast of Phuket.
Organisers Ao Chalong Yacht Club said they had received entries from Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, USA, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Denmark, Russia and Thailand.
Yachts will compete for honours in the following classes of Racing; Cruising A, Cruising B, Bareboat Charter and Multihulls. As usual, races will take place against the stunning backdrops of Phuket, Phang Nga Bay and Krabi in Southern Thailand.
The Bay Regatta is also known as ‘the fun regatta’ because it appeals to both amateur and serious racers. Indeed, most of the sailors sleep on their vessels as the Regatta’s course leads them to a new anchorage and party venue each night.
For those who wish to participate or support the event, the sailing route is as follows:
* Registration and Opening Party: 9th February: At The Village Coconut Island, Koh Maphrao.
* Day 1: 10th February: Racing off the east coast of Phuket Island.
Presentations and party at The Village Coconut Island, Koh Maphrao.
* Day 2: 11th February: Course follows a north-easterly route to Koh Yao Noi. Presentations and party at The Paradise Koh Yao Boutique Resort & Spa, Koh Yao Noi.
* Day 3: 12th February: Racing south to Krabi. Presentations and party at the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort, Krabi.
* Day 4: 13th February: Racing north from Krabi to the finish line at the southeast end of Phuket. Final award presentations and party at Ao Chalong Yacht Club.
Now in its fourteenth year, The Bay Regatta has established itself as one of the key fixtures on the Southeast Asia yachting calendar with boats and crew returning to compete each year.
The Bay Regatta is a non-profit event and relies solely on sponsorship. This year sees both new and long-time sponsors returning.
This year, sponsors include, The Paradise Koh Yao Boutique Beach Resort & Spa, QBE Insurance, the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort and The Village Coconut Island. Official suppliers include Lee Marine, Siam Winery, Nautica, Quantum Sails, Regattas Asia and S/V Vega.
Read more on this article... http://blog.phuketoceanvillas.com/the-bay-regatta-kicks-off-in-phuket-thailand/
Phuket Ocean Villas - http://www.phuketoceanvillas.com
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)