Lewes, DE -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/29/2014 -- India has a very large industry base of electronics items but there is little manufacturing base for semiconductors. As of now India doesn’t have any operational wafer fabrication plants and depends extensively on the imports. Semiconductor industry is 100% import based with India importing semiconductors worth $10 billion in 2013. Since In 2013, India spent $169 billion on oil imports, $54 billion on gold imports and $31.5 billion on electronic imports.
Semiconductors are used extensively in various applications, which offer immense potential for the growth of this industry in India. Semiconductors are used majorly in Mobile Devices, Telecommunications, Information Technology & Office Automation (IT & OA), Industrial, Automotive and other industries (Aerospace, Defense and Medical industries).
The latest research report by NOVONOUS finds that the semiconductor industry is estimated to grow from $10.02 billion in 2013 to $52.58 billion in 2020 at CAGR of 26.72%.
For more information and to purchase this report please visit: Semiconductor Market in India
According to this research report, mobile devices are expected to grow at CAGR of 33.4% from 2013 to 2020. The contribution to semiconductor revenue is expected to grow from 35.4% in 2013 to 50.7% in 2020.
Telecommunication segment is expected to grow at CAGR of 26.8% from 2013 to 2020 and its contribution to total revenue will remain the same at 19.7% in 2020.
IT&OA contribution to the total semiconductor revenue will come down from 28.3% in 2013 to 17.4% in 2020 due to consolidation in this sector. This segment will grow at CAGR of 18.2% over the next seven years.
Consumer electronics segment is expected to grow at CAGR of 18.8% and the contribution to the total semiconductor revenue will come down from the current level of 5.6% in 2013 to 3.5% in 2020.
Industrial electronics segment is expected to grow at CAGR of 19.6% and the contribution to the total semiconductor revenue will come down from current level of 4% to 2.7%.
Automotive electronics segment is expected to grow faster at CAGR of 30.5% from 2013 to 2020; its revenue contribution will increase from 3.2% in 2013 to 3.9% in 2020.
NOVONOUS has conducted a detailed analysis of this sector in order to prepare this report. This study looks at the current state of the semiconductor industry in terms of products and service offerings and their growth over the last few years. The growth drivers and inhibitors of the industry are also examined in detail. The value chain of the industry in India has also been identified and mapped out. Based on all these factors, the report makes projections for the market size in 2020 in terms of products, services, application domains and overall market potential.
In addition to this, the report contains profiles of and inputs from several key companies operational in this sector. 24 companies have been extensively profiled in this report, to cover the entirety of the value chain. Finally, the report also presents an analysis of the industry using tools such as PESTLE analysis, SWOT and Porter’s Five Forces.
The report also has detailed company profiles including their position in wind energy value chain, financial performance analysis, product and service wise business strategy, SWOT analysis and key customer details for 24 companies namely Ammos Software Technologies, ChipEdge Technologies, Dixon Technologies, First Pass Semiconductors, Hindustan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (HSMC), Kaynes Technology, MaxLinear Technologies, Millennium Semiconductors, Moser Baer India, Onyx Components and Systems, Orange Semiconductors, Sohamsaa Systems, Technosphere Labs, Wafer Space, Arrow Electronics India Pvt. Ltd., Avnet India Pvt. Ltd., Elektronika Sales Pvt. Ltd. (ESPL), Masamb Electronics Systems Pvt. Ltd., MosChip Semiconductor Technology Ltd., SERIAL, SGS Tekniks Manufacturing Pvt. Ltd., SPEL Semiconductor Limited, Vishay and V.P. Electronics.
Scope of Semiconductor Market in India 2014 - 2020 Report :
- This report provides a detailed view of Indian semiconductor market.
- This report identifies the need for focusing on semiconductor market in India.
- This report provides detailed information on growth forecasts up to 2020 for various segments of semiconductor market in India.
- The report identifies the growth drivers and inhibitors for semiconductor market in India.
- The report also identifies the industry value chain for semiconductor market in India.
- This study also identifies various central, state and global level policies related to semiconductor market in India.
- The report identifies the key risks associated with semiconductor market in India.
- The report covers 24 major players related to semiconductor market in India to provide a detailed understanding of the market.
- The report also provides two case studies related to semiconductor industry.
- The report provides analysis like PESTLE, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis for semiconductor market in India.
- The report identifies the key current and future trends in Indian semiconductor market.
- This report also provides details about upcoming projects related to semiconductor market in India.
- This report also provides strategic recommendations for policy makers, design companies, fabrication companies and new players.
For more information and to purchase this report please visit: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/novonous/semiconductor-market-india-2014-2020
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: