Scientists know that only one bad sunburn in childhood or adolescence doubles the child’s risk of melanoma later in life. Now, parents around the globe are mobilizing to protect their children from dangerous UVR.
Nashville, TN -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/30/2013 -- The new edition of Perfect Skin Protection features steps being taken in countries around the world to protect children from dangerous ultraviolet (UV) rays, as well as reviews of new fashions and fabrics designed to improve the sun protection capabilities of stylish clothing.
Perfect Skin Protection, a free quarterly magazine from the SunAWARE International Foundation, is available on the Apple Newsstand in the Health Category or on iTunes. The magazine includes leading-edge articles by top dermatologists, anti-skin cancer organizations, educators, health and beauty experts, product manufacturers and cancer survivors to provide the best and most up-to-date advice on skin protection with an emphasis on sun protection.
Articles and topics in this edition of Perfect Skin Protection include:
- A special section on what various organizations in different countries around the world are doing to protect children from dangerous UVR.
- The personal narrative of a three-time melanoma survivor, actress, playwright and author.
- A review of global fashion and fabric trends by a sun protection clothing pioneer.
- Insights into the self-image attitudes and values of teen-aged males.
- A Leading dermatologist Q&A on skin cancer links in“harmless” actinic keratosis (AK).
- The new spa client and the products he wants.
- A clothes layering photo essay, exfoliation discussion, tanning beds research, and resources.
“These articles, especially the special section, demonstrate that skin protection, far from being a personal or cosmetic issue, is a global concern, affecting the health and well-being of individuals and families in different countries around the world,” said Mary Mills Barrow, executive director of SunAWARE International Foundation.
“We urge our readers to take advantage of the advice offered by our experts in Perfect Skin Protection and incorporate it into their daily routines, for themselves and for their families,” she added.
About SunAWARE International Foundation
The SunAWARE International Foundation, a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, is dedicated to the detection and prevention of skin cancer.
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)