This campaign is to help Stephanie Holdsworth and her team create healing clothing specifically for Eczema & other skin rashes that is both cool in summer/tropical climates & warm in winter.
Sydney, Australia -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/04/2013 -- Due to the painful & irrepressible itchy rash that accompanies severe Eczema, EB, Psoriasis & Allergy, sufferers need to wear super soft clothing that can withstand high temperature hot washing (To remove all the heavy emollients & steroid creams often needed).
1 in 3 people are living with Eczema and still, there is no clothing made for warmer climates. All the eczema clothing currently sold is sourced out of Europe & the UK, Which is often made of heavy fabrics not suitable for the warmer Climates. It is also virtually impossible to find this specialist clothing for adults.
Specialists (such as dermatologists & immunologists) recommend this type of clothing for relief.
- Bamboo is Environmentally Sustainable & has a low carbon footprint.
- Bamboo is Temperature Regulating (this is a huge problem for people with Eczema) .
- Allergies as overheating can cause the rash to flare, Bamboo has the amazing natural feature of being able to stabilize temperature, Its cool in summer & comfortable in winter).
- Bamboo naturally has anti-fungal & anti-bacterial qualities (Important as Infection can be a huge problem with eczema, EB & Psoriasis).
- Bamboo can withstand hot washing needed to remove eczema creams & heavy emollients.
All donations received will be spent on
- 63% on manufacturing. This covers Fabric, Materials & labor.
- 13% on samples need to be sent to lab for testing to gain the Clothing Standards Certification.
- 12% on professional design & creation of templates/patterns (required by manufacturers)
- 7% on Eczema Association Promotion.
- 5% on packaging & marketing materials.
This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach its goal. Funding duration: September 15, 2013 - November 01, 2013 (11:59pm PT).
Indiegogo Page: http://bit.ly/18H8ZJ4
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)