Orlando, FL -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/04/2013 -- Hot Stock Profits provides investors and traders with valuable trading tools and content as well as micro-cap stock alerts via eMail and text messages. To Join Our Text Message Alerts Service Just Text The Word Stocks To 555888 From Your Cell Phone. Our Focus Today Is On Verizon Communications Inc.(NYSE:VZ), American Realty Capital Properties Inc(NASDAQ:ARCP).
Verizon Communications Inc.(NYSE:VZ) shares declined 2.89% to $46.01. Bonds of Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) fell as the carrier plans to issue as much as $50 billion of securities to help finance its purchase of Vodafone Group Plc’s 45 percent stake in Verizon Wireless.
The company’s $1.75 billion of 2.45 percent bonds maturing in 2022 dropped 1.2 cents to 87.1 cents on the dollar to yield 4.16 percent as of 4:27 p.m. in New York. The cost to protect corporate bonds from default in the U.S. was little changed.
Additionally, Verizon is in talks to buy out U.S. wireless joint venture partner Vodafone as it looks to grow its lucrative mobile business. In a statement on August 29, Vodafone said it is in discussions with Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ, Fortune 500) over the possible sale of its 45% stake in Verizon Wireless. Verizon Communications holds the remaining 55% share.
Moreover, the company has decided to put off the acquisition of two small Canadian wireless companies until after a government auction of wireless licenses in January, a Canadian newspaper said, citing people familiar with the matter on August 14.
Are investors worried about the recent updates with VZ? Find out with a free trend analysis HERE
American Realty Capital Properties Inc(NASDAQ:ARCP) shares decreased 2.83% to $13.03. The company will begin trading ex-dividend on September 04, 2013. A cash dividend payment of $0.07583 per share is scheduled to be paid on September 15, 2013. Shareholders who purchased ARCP stock prior to the ex-dividend date are eligible for the cash dividend payment.
Additionally, the company, on August 20, announced that its board of directors has determined that it is in the best interests of the Company and its stockholders to become self-managed following the pending closings of the previously announced acquisitions of CapLease, Inc. ("CapLease") and American Realty Capital Trust IV, Inc. ("ARCT IV"). As a result of the decision to become self-managed, the Company will be a best-in-class, self-administered publicly traded real estate investment trust ("REIT").
Is ARCP going to continue its rally or drop like a rock? Find out with a free trend analysis HERE
Join Our Mobile SMS Alerts By Texting Stocks To 555888
HotStockProfits.com continuously monitors and scans the markets for day trading and swing trading signals on NASDAQ, NYSE, AMEX, OTCBB and Pink Sheet companies for its free e-newsletter subscribers.
Disclosure: HotStockProfits.com is not a registered investment advisor and nothing contained in any materials should be construed as a recommendation to buy or sell securities. Investors should always conduct their own due diligence with any potential investment. Please visit HotStockProfits.com website, for complete risks and disclosures.
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)