SpohoLabs Study Reveals Insight on Bing
San Francisco, CA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/15/2012 -- A SpohoLabs study claims that the Microsoft search engine, Bing, is the most dangerous of all search engines as it leads searchers to poisoned websites.
A poisoned website is one where SEO keywords are used to guide readers to dangerous websites. Since the website that has nefarious programming will have many searchable and popular keywords, Bing ranks it higher than other sites.
While using an anti-virus helps, this poisoning is starting to become a real hurdle for users, especially when looking at image searches.
SpohoLabs’ search was a two-week long process where they recorded malware instances and redirects from a link.
Bing ranked higher than other search engines, and accounted for 65% of redirects. Most of these directs (92%) were image related searches. The remaining 8% were text based searches.
The study also found that while the search engine was able to block poisoned text-based websites, it was unable to block image-based ones for the most part. This is an understandable problem since image-based searches show a collection of pictures rather than list URLs. The searcher is thus unable to discern if a URL of a picture is dangerous or not since he or she is only looking at the picture, not the URL.
They also had the following advice:
1. Make sure you check the website before you click on the image or text link
2. Make sure your browser has filtering options that are activated
3. Make sure your anti-virus is activated at all times
1stLevelBackLinks.com (http://www.1stlevelbacklinks.com/) was founded back in 2008 and helps customers with their website search optimizations. In response to the popularity of SEO in 2010, the website became even more popular and offers some of the best services in improving website rankings.
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)