Dallas, TX -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/23/2012 -- Superconductivity is a unique and powerful tool in scientific research that has led to important strides in health care such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Other superconducting technologies on the cusp of commercialization will increase the efficiency with which electricity is produced and used, which will indirectly benefit the environment. In the future, superconducting technologies may be used to predict earthquakes, map the magnetic fields produced by the brain, and produce ultrahigh-performance computers. These are only a few examples of the wide range of superconductivity technologies and applications analyzed in this report.
- The global market for superconductor technologies was valued at nearly $1.7 billion in 2011 and should reach $1.8 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach $3.3 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.6%.
- Magnets are expected to have a value of nearly $1.8 billion in 2012 and $2.3 billion in 2017, a CAGR of 5.2%.
- Electrical equipment should total $26.9 million in 2012 and $920.1 million in 2017, a CAGR of 102.7%.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The overall goal of this report is to provide an up-to-date understanding of the developing market for superconducting applications, materials, and other enabling technologies. Specific objectives include:
- Identifying superconducting applications with the greatest commercial potential in the near term to midterm (2011 to 2017).
- Analyzing the key drivers and constraints that will shape the market for these superconducting applications as the basis for projecting demand over the next five years.
- Estimating current and future consumption of superconducting materials and other key enabling technologies.
- Identifying the companies that are best positioned to meet this demand because of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances, or other advantages.
This report is intended for marketing executives, entrepreneurs, investors, venture capitalists, and other readers with a need to know where the superconductivity field is headed over the next five to 10 years. Other readers who should find the report particularly valuable include government officials associated with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and other national and state-level programs charged with advancing the development of the nanotechnology industry.
Although the report addresses specific superconductivity technologies and materials, it is generally nontechnical in nature and coverage. Thus, it is less concerned with theory and jargon than with identifying the developments that work, assessing the amount of technologies the market is likely to purchase, and projecting the price of such technologies. Although the report is not written specifically for scientists and technologists, many of these professionals will be interested in its findings concerning the market for their work, including the availability of government and corporate research funding for different technologies and applications.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The report addresses trends in superconductivity technology and the global market for superconductivity applications during the period from 2011 through 2017, including:
- Science, research, and technology development.
- Health care.
- Electric utilities.
- Other applications.
The study format includes the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- Overview (i.e., definitions, brief history, superconductivity characteristics, market summary).
- Developments in superconducting technology that are expected to influence the market through 2017.
- Detailed market estimates and projections for each technology, application, and end use during the period from 2011 to 2017.
- General assessment of expected technological and market trends in the longer term.
- Description of key players in the emerging superconductivity industry.
INFORMATION SOURCES AND METHODOLOGY
The findings and conclusions presented in this report are based on information gathered from primary sources within the industry, including vendors and users of superconductivity products. Interview data were combined with information gathered through an extensive review of secondary sources such as trade publications, trade association literature, company literature, and online databases to produce the market projections contained in this report.
The base year for analysis and projection is 2011. With 2011 as a baseline, market projections were developed for 2012 to 2017. These projections are based on a combination of a consensus among the primary contacts and BCC’s understanding of the key market drivers and their impact from a historical and analytical perspective.
The analytical methodologies used to generate the market estimates are described in detail in the section titled “Detailed Market Projections.” The documentation is intended to enable the reader to evaluate the projections, and, if desired, substitute alternative assumptions.
Buy your copy of this report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/70528-superconductors-technologies-and-global-markets.html . Contact email@example.com for further information.
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)