Houston, TX -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/11/2013 -- A new complete course in making jewelry with wire was published today by jewelry teacher Fleury Sommers, creator of the Professional Pearl and Bead Stringing courses.
“Professional pearl and bead stringers are often called upon to create earrings, clasps and other findings for clients. Learning to manipulate wire for jewelry to create findings and using wire in jewelry is a natural skill extension that vastly expands jewelry making capabilities,” Sommers said.
The new wire jewelry DVD course, titled “Working with Wire,” covers both beginner and advanced concepts and techniques, including:
- The critical concepts of jewelry wire gauge and wire hardness;
- How to make wire loops and use them in the creation of jewelry;
- How to use headpins for design and functionality;
- How to attach briolettes to earrings and other jewelry;
- How to make and finish ear wires for earrings;
- How to make and finish clasps;
- How to make spirals for headpins and other jewelry applications;
- How to make and finish jump rings for chains;
- Sanding and hammering techniques.
“The combination of skills taught in our series of instructional DVDs enable the user to create jewelry using professional techniques and skills,” Sommers said. “Whether the user is a professional or amateur, the objective is the same: the confident creation of jewelry that is wearable and durable.”
Other products in the Professional Pearl and Bead Stringing curriculum include:
- Professional Pearl and Bead Stringing – Volumes 1 and 2
- Advanced Professional Pearl and Bead Stringing
- Working with Wire
- Special Knots and Materials for Professional Pearl and Bead Stringing
- Professional Pearl and Bead Stringing Supply Kit.
The wire jewelry DVD is available at http://fsommers.com
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)